doing allergy clinic has anyone used soapy water for prespray they dont want normal presprays used | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

doing allergy clinic has anyone used soapy water for prespray they dont want normal presprays used

dupont282003

Sep 14, 2009
lapeer
Real Name
jason wooster
Business Location
United States
i have a prochem truckmount will using soapy water as prspray affect my truckmount or do you have anyother ideas please help thank you

onthatone

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Real Name
Brian Graybeal
Business Location
United States
Re: doing allergy clinic has anyone used soapy water for prespray they dont want normal presprays us

I would imagine using soapy water would kill your suction almost immediately, and besides that what type of soap would you be putting on the carpet? Will they allow you to use any detergent in the stock tank, or do they want plain water? Can you use a "green" product and influence them that it would possibly be hypoallergenic?

Larry Cobb

Mar 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Larry Cobb
Re: doing allergy clinic has anyone used soapy water for prespray they dont want normal presprays us

Jason;

Soap is a natural high-foam surfactant.

I would use an all-natural product like Chemspec's DFC 210.

Good cleaning with natural "low-foam" surfactants.

Several environmental approvals on the label.

Larry

aaminc

Oct 29, 2009
Pa
Real Name
Chris Falvo
Business Location
United States

I just had this question come up yesterday and this is the info I received

No, most "green products" have a fragrance, which is a problem for the allergic, as are most surfactants.

I'd use Soap Free. It contains alkaline builders and some oxidizers, but no fragrance and no surfactants. You can use it as prespray, give it dwell time, and then do a clear water rinse. Use only Stain Zone or Stain Magic on spots, though she should know that anything oily requires a dry cleaning solvent that might irritate her daughter. Gel Break is the mildest solvent.

If you don't need the Gel Break, the system I've laid out will smell and feel like you are just using water, except that the carpet will get really clean.

Hope it helps

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT

The Green Balalnce line of prespray and rinse products from Bridgepoint is another great product with no fragrance that will bother anyone (either no fragarnce or green fragrance). Also check out Clean Free, food safe ingredients, no fragrance.