Does smoking weed help or hurt a business? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Does smoking weed help or hurt a business?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Really,
you mean it wasn't one of the first documented medicines primitive man collected and used. I am nearly certain this is the case.

I think history would disagree with the statement that marijuana's medicinal use is new.
Quite the contrary. Its use can be seen catalogued in some of our species earliest forms of communication.

The problem is Drs and Drug makers cannot make money on it. It is too readily available and can be grown anywhere on planet earth. Thus modern medicine looks elsewhere.
Primitive man also determined whether or not something was edible by taste and feel. We've come a long way since then. I don't measure current medical options on what H. habilis or A. afarensis did.

Whether or not I think marijuana is "good medicine" is immaterial and moot. It is currently illegal in our state. That's all I can go by.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Primitive man also determined whether or not something was edible by taste and feel. We've come a long way since then. I don't measure current medical options on what H. habilis or A. afarensis did.

Whether or not I think marijuana is "good medicine" is immaterial and moot. It is currently illegal in our state. That's all I can go by.
Are you sure about that Ms Fenn?????

North Carolina’s limited medical marijuana law was adopted in June 2014 with the passing of House Bill (HB) 1220 and was amended in July 2015 by HB 766. The law, titled the Epilepsy Alternative Treatment Act, allows for the use of “hemp extract” for the treatment of epilepsy if recommended by a neurologist.

Even your state is beginning to realize the medicinal value of Marijuana for NON palliative means.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
What is happening is that through government regulation a means of profit has been derived. Its wrong on so many levels as Drs are said to be working for cures and therapies regardless of a profit motivation. But it is what it is and at least we are moving away from the asinine days of "reefer madness" propaganda and finally some real science is starting to take place.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Are you sure about that Ms Fenn?????

North Carolina’s limited medical marijuana law was adopted in June 2014 with the passing of House Bill (HB) 1220 and was amended in July 2015 by HB 766. The law, titled the Epilepsy Alternative Treatment Act, allows for the use of “hemp extract” for the treatment of epilepsy if recommended by a neurologist.

Even your state is beginning to realize the medicinal value of Marijuana for NON palliative means.
Epilepsy is ONE disorder. That doth not a legal medicine make.

Back in the day, the knee-jerk reaction was "weed is dope, people only use it to get high". Nowadays the knee-jerk reaction is "weed is medicine, anyone who says otherwise is just an old fogey with unfair biases".

BOTH are wrong. Marijuana is still a recreational drug for far too many people. The fact that it has medicinal value doesn't change this.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Epilepsy is ONE disorder. That doth not a legal medicine make.

Back in the day, the knee-jerk reaction was "weed is dope, people only use it to get high". Nowadays the knee-jerk reaction is "weed is medicine, anyone who says otherwise is just an old fogey with unfair biases".

BOTH are wrong. Marijuana is still a recreational drug for far too many people. The fact that it has medicinal value doesn't change this.
I only cited that because of your absolut statement or position of marijuana being primarily a palliative therapy as well as the fact you stated Medical Marijuana was NOT legal in your state.

Your state law disproves both points.

And yes one drug that treats one disease or ailment does make a medicine. There are a lot of disease/ailment specific drugs that are in use in day to day medical practice.

Times are changing and profit albeit limited can now be had with Marijuana therapies thanks to government regulation.

PS the higher authority you called on to make your point just boomeranged your own argument.

Last edited:

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I only cited that because of your absolut statement or position of marijuana being primarily a palliative therapy as well as the fact you stated Medical Marijuana was NOT legal in your state.

Your state law disproves both points.

And yes one drug that treats one disease or ailment does make a medicine. There are a lot of disease/ailment specific drugs that are in use in day to day medical practice.

Times are changing and profit albeit limited can now be had with Marijuana therapies thanks to government regulation.

PS the higher authority you called on to make your point just boomeranged your own argument.
Not even an argument, dear. I'm not out to change anyone's mind. You're firmly set in your own camp and that's okay.

If the SINGLE legal use for marijuana in this state is epilepsy (and notice it says nothing about civil cases being brought against users, only criminal), then so it stands.

It really does take all kinds to make a world.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
legal here but has always been in abundance, I have seen where Mary Jane has helped some of my customers with MS and getting them off many of the opioids one lady said I can poop again without taking another medication to do so,

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Not even an argument, dear. I'm not out to change anyone's mind. You're firmly set in your own camp and that's okay.

If the SINGLE legal use for marijuana in this state is epilepsy (and notice it says nothing about civil cases being brought against users, only criminal), then so it stands.

It really does take all kinds to make a world.
(y)

DamienHarrison

Dec 24, 2019
Real Name
Damien Harrison
A lot has been written but I'm glad that the topic came to life))

Once again, I can say that I myself relate to remedies on cannabis sow (cbd, cbn) just like medicines. I fully support the option when these medicines are prescribed by a doctor just like everyone else (possibly a lighter version). But .. It seems to me that the legalization of marijuana is rather the decriminalization of this sphere. I do not like when the police arrest teenagers for smoking marijuana (not selling) and this puts them on a par with real criminals. It’s much easier to catch a couple of boys with weed than to find and neutralize a robber with a gun, isn't it? Legalization removes this moment.

The constant propaganda of marijuana is simply a bias of balance in the other direction. This is about the same as with feminists)) I think we will survive this moment.

DamienHarrison

Dec 24, 2019
Real Name
Damien Harrison
Yes, you're right about the dangers in Yoga. Iyengar Yoga was developed by BKS Iyengar and never sought to be mainstream like Bikram/Hot Yoga etc, the instructors are required to study at the Pune Institute in India and it usually takes minimum 5 years to become a certified instructor. 10 years to be a master instructor.

Most of the asanas I performed were gentle, and Iyengar uses ropes, foam bricks, blankets etc to help achieve proper technique and form.
You are very lucky and I would like to find the same coach for myself. I have problems with L5 but I'm used to moving in a certain way so as not to take the load in an uncomfortable position. The operation is too expensive for me and I just strengthen the muscular frame of the back to compensate for the failure in this place.

Ackthpt

May 24, 2010
usedcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Steve Clark
Business Location
United States
Love reading the conversation, thanks all! Just wanted to add my (possibly funny) two bits:

When I was 20 (30 years ago), my good friend and roomie was a carpet cleaner at that time, and he would get up at 5am every morning, get ready to go, and hit a few plunge tokes before heading out the door (I'll let you google that), never understood how he could do it.

Was the top guy on the crew and sold more than anyone for about half a decade.

Some people can do it, some people can't. Just like alcohol! Tolerance is key

Cheers

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Personally It really hurts me physically. Ive gone to places where (since its now legal to smoke weed in california) people just ignore second hand, theyre not even a bit considerate. I worry of the the health consequence, also if you have employees you really cant tell if they are the one or if they went to a job where weed was the source.

Technically inhaling second hand fumes from weed will get into your system and might possibly make you impaired depending of concentration exposure. I'd hate to be driving afterwards and by horrible coincidence have an accident and be found impaired/DUI. That would be horrible.

Business wise it is profitable only to an extend. Since its now legal here pretty much its also becoming the norm to the point that its not an issue (odor)

Im sure the Weed smell issue will linger on for years to come

Reactions: Ackthpt

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I get what you’re saying and in an ideal world no one would use weed. But study after study has shown that it doesn’t effect your alertness anymore than being on painkillers, being hung over or tired or being over stressed. And you have no control over your employees being under the influence of those.
I havent seen any report or data stating that weed does not effect your alertness. it Does! If you drive while High ( thats why its called high or getting high) its because you want it to effect you mood, and anything that effects your mood will effect your alertness. Your tired, angry, sad, happy, hyper or high it all effects your alertness.