Does money make you happy? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Does money make you happy?

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I agree with Rob's original statement 100%. When I am financially stable, my partial seizures happen once in a blue moon.

The first 8-9years of my business was very hectic, due to the fact of my lack of knowledge, increase of high interest debt, and hardly any work. About every 2 or 3 months, I would have 3-5 days in a row of partial seizures, due to my stress and lack of sleep of how I'm going to provide for my family.

For those that don't know what a partial seizure is...it's HELL!! on someone's mind and body.

Since 2011, my business has been awesome, finally climbing like it should, and I am in control of all the debt that me and my wife are in.

The fact that I am financially stable, not having any seizures, proves Rob's point that having a supply of money has fixed my problem.

Im sorry if i caused a seizure when i won that ss uph tool for such a low price. :(

Jk man, i had a seizure once, not cool..

Carlo Pro

Nov 10, 2013
Colorado
www.oxigreencolorado.com
Real Name
Carlo B.
Business Location
United States
Never say: I am poor, you should say: I am a worker.
happiness has different meanings, it is sad to see, some people torture themselves for it.
I remember I was so happy with my first car, a 11 years old Toyota; and met a guy with a 2 years old BMW suffering everyday because he can't get the last model.
We arrived to this world naked and we are going to leave this world the same way.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Having a lot of money not only makes you happier,you live longer,smoke less,work less and make more,do less drugs,have sex later in life and commit less crime. I know we are taught "money doesn't buy happiness" but Sept 2014 Time magazines "Who we are" poll indicates it does as long as the wealth is accumulated honestly and used correctly.

For example, if you have money you have better chances of being healthy. You can afford the best doctors and the best treatments, you can afford to buy the best food which is fresh and organic. You have plenty of free time to exercise.

A lot of marriages break up because of money problems and the stress of trying to make ends meet. If you have a good sum of money and assets with all of your bills paid, you can relax with your family in beautiful settings. You don't have to stress about cleaning you house. Hard to juggle 3 kids? Just hire someone to help you.

Money can ease poverty. Poverty causes a LOT of sadness. Poverty makes for unhappiness and a short life.

Wealth creates options. Do not to focus on what you own, but on your equity. You have a duty to create value (i.e. wealth) for yourself and your family. Few people understand this. Once you understand this you will realize that money is not evil, just the over loving of money. Money is only a measurement like a yardstick- is a yardstick evil?

By focusing on creating wealth or equity (assets - liabilities) you will have a happy life and you will attract beautiful people into your life.

So take some time and put on an Excel spreadsheet what you own and what you owe. This is an exercise that we should all do regularly and become a metric that you should compare to future measurements. Now you need to develop a plan to create wealth that fits you and your goals.

So can money buy happiness? Well if the absence of funds can create misery, then yes, money can buy happiness - for the person who is ready to CHOOSE happiness and be content with 'enough'. To the naysayers that say "money can't buy you happiness I say poverty can't buy you anything at all!

Having money has a correlation to education. I honestly feel that TMF is like a continued carpet cleaners college education. I learn something new everyday. Here is to your wealth and "happiness"!

View attachment 37456

My cousin right now is my idol. He works as an electrician and a firefighter. He just bought his second home and is having his first child and newly married. I think what makes him happy is that his life is going according to plan. He works but he balances that work with his free time. He tells me all the time "I want to make money but if I don't have time to enjoy myself, what's the point?" He makes sound financial decisions and that is why he is doing so well. So can we say that because he doesn't have financial problems he is happy. Well no. It is that he doesn't have thoughts of money affecting him negatively which allows him to find happiness where he can. You might say money isn't buying him happiness, but money is buying him the time to do what makes him happy.

raw74

Mar 21, 2011
ga
Real Name
reggie
Business Location
United States
What's the number one cause of divorce? Money. What buys clothing and food? Money . If you go to the doctor what do you pay ? Money. Should we worship money? No but it does make life a lot easier. Older man once told me it doesn't matter how much you make it's how much you save.Even though more is better but what good is it if you don't know how to save.

Jnelms

Oct 8, 2014
Real Name
Joseph Nelms
What's the number one cause of divorce? Money. What buys clothing and food? Money . If you go to the doctor what do you pay ? Money. Should we worship money? No but it does make life a lot easier. Older man once told me it doesn't matter how much you make it's how much you save.Even though more is better but what good is it if you don't know how to save.

Correction: The number one cause of divorce is marriage....always.

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Money makes me happy and things are a lot less stressful having it.

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
Money pays the bills, if that's done...time to go fishing.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1413608620.014063.jpg

Reactions: matt30577

aspenedelen

Premium VIP
Mar 21, 2006
www.louiescarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Anthony Edelen
Business Location
United States
I consider myself well off but no means the top 1%. I value dollars in regards to family time which normally equate to vacations (my four yr old son has been to all fifty States before he turned 3. My 1.5 yr old daughter, 33). Does money buy happiness, you'd better believe it. There is no better feeling than when a father holds in his arms his two young children while hiking in a snowstorm in Glacier National Park. Now, if I had the cash the 1% I'd be jetsetting all around with my kids vrs driving from A to B.

In the end, I'm not loving my kids any less if I had less wealth. Wealth to me, allows me the resources to explain and show to my children why this world means do much to me.

Last edited:

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
No money don't make me happy but it makes my wife do cartwheels and back flips

steveo1978

Mar 19, 2011
nsw
www.procarpetclean.com.au
Real Name
steven duncan
Business Location
Australia
Who isn't happy, we are carpet cleaners and pest controllers, what person of our education could do
what we do and get paid the coin we do.
All I can say is 50% of your answers are made up on the spot, the rest is read on google .
Go for it have a dig and you will succeed.

Reactions: aloha one

mauudave

Jun 17, 2014
Real Name
Dave Jordan
Its seems to me that if you have your responsibilities in order, you will have less stress and thus be happy. You will also have money. So its not money that makes you happy, but being responsible.... Which brings money.

Helix

Jun 27, 2014
Real Name
E.E.
Business Location
United States
If you listed all of your problems up on a board and threw an extra $80,000 a year at them they will not all disappear. But 58 of them will, and you'll have extra time to figure out the other 2.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yeah money might not make you happy but having money to invest in your dreams does.

Reactions: Helix

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Old thread! If you make $10 but spend $11 you will never be happy!!!!