Does anyone still....

Oct 9, 2008
3005 Quail Hollow Dr. Modesto, CA
Real Name
James Stehle
No shampoo for me. It's real poo or nothing. We haven't shampooed a carpet in 15 years or more and then it was mostly used as a pre-scrub. But I still hand shampoo upholstery, although it usually rinse it off.

T

TheEyeball

I think a local guy in my area might be doing "shampooing", but I'm not sure. He's in Noblesville, IN and the company is called Scrubbles. He's a great guy, always friendly and polite, and once he gets a customer they will never use anyone else.

Oct 11, 2007
Fl
Real Name
Mark
Ross, thats funny, Scrubbles. I like the name. As you can see, mine is Scrubbs. As for shampooing, I did this way back when, it's how I was taught. Most of my customers are very surprised, and pleased to see that I still do shampoo thier carpets.
Anyway, I was just curious how this would turn out. Thanks for the feedback guys,

Mark

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We used the Von Schrader system for years. Not bad, but much slower and less effective imo. But if you take your time with any method satisfactory results can be achieved. Also there is one guy in our area who still uses it and he gets top dollar and lives in a very upscale area.:AddEmoticons08047:

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I used to shampoo all the time. Then rinse and extraced right after it. Back them I used what was called "Acid Suds". It was a powdered acid rinse. And I'm going back to the early 1980's. So if anyone thinks that a powered, acid rinse is NEW, they are sadly mistaking.

But all that aside I just wanted to bring a 10 year old thread back to life for nothing more than shits & giggles. :p

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
When i started carpet cleaning in 1984 I used a 175 with solution tank and carpet brush, but did not use the carpet shampoo as it was to foamy when trying to rinse and extract afterwards and would screw up my little portable i had back then,
so i used the regular extraction cleaning chems instead in the solution tank of the 175, then rinsed and extracted with just hot tap water in the portable.
To this day when i get the real rat nasty ones, the ones where you want to just tell the customer to replace the carpet, I'll break out the 175 with solution tank and carpet brush, apply and agitate/scrub at the same time, then rinse and extract.
Just as in the old days, however the chems today are a lot better as is my portable (Mytee ETM with LX motors) plus i have a little giant heater to for high heat water as opposed to just hot tap water

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
The solution to the shampoo foaming problem is solved by using Chemeisters Rinse Master. Works like a charm every time. Even today.