Does anyone know a proper line item for Staircase removal? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Does anyone know a proper line item for Staircase removal?

Vizip

Mar 11, 2016
Real Name
Rami Nader
Hi Guys,

I'm currently trying to estimate a property which contains water damage and took place in an old rotten basement. The customer told me he wants a quote on removing the staircase in his basement. The staircase is completely wooden and extends to about 17 feet. Does anyone know if there is a line item for this removal? Honestly looks like a homemade staircase.

Anything helps.

Vizip

Mar 11, 2016
Real Name
Rami Nader
Btw, forgot to mention that I'm requesting line items for Xactimate.

GoldTipWand

Aug 24, 2019
Real Name
Stanled Steeemy
I'm not so sure but I would assume you can just throw it in the hardwood line.

Reactions: Vizip
Jul 18, 2019
Real Name
Bradford Hall
You have to break it down by the staircase component for example tread, risers, and so forth. Then use the action remove. You could always go T/M too, but Xactimate is only suggesting $37 an hour for stair labor. Then you have the disposal and so forth.

If your not the one installing new stairs make sure you cover your butt, post signs, have a customer sign off, maybe use caution tape, etc. Customer will obviously know you removed the stairs, but what if someone visits?

I tore out a partial staircase once and got it covered. The lower basement walls completely encased the staircase, so I argued that I needed to pull enough treads and risers to gain access to inspect and apply disinfectant in the stair cavity. It went up above the adjuster but did get covered.

Reactions: Vizip