Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Anyone working Saturdays ? How about through the holiday season to finish strong? Also what days are you taking off for holiday season? ‍♂️

AffordableCarpetCare

Aug 30, 2013
Lebanon TN
Real Name
Matthew Patterson
Business Location
United States
We don't do Saturdays for residential anymore, found that most of them were cheap problematic customers anyway. Will occasionally do Saturday for large commercial if can not find after-hours during week that can make work.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I work some Saturdays and Sundays.

I hate jamming too much work into 5 days. I would rather spread it out over 7 days. When needed.

I'm more rested, do better work, and don't cut corners trying to do too much work in 5 days.

Last edited:

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I don't do it every Saturday, but I've worked Saturday's for many years. Some customers cannot have their carpets cleaned during the week because of work schedule and so forth. Nothing they can do about it. I don't work evenings except for businesses that can't have it done any other time and I also prefer to do businesses on Saturday if at all possible rather than evenings or nights. I did my accountants place last Saturday. I have a small tile and grout job this afternoon. I try only to take one job on Saturday that I can do in a few hours unless it's a local business. I actually prefer Saturdays to working hours in the evening during the week or way into the night time hours.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I don't work nights !!!

I will work Saturday and Sunday but not nights !!!

Not anymore. I use to work 2-3-4 nights a week for many years doing Diners/Restaurants. I was doing 20 Diners/Restaurants for many years. I stopped doing Diners/Restaurants about 9 years ago.

I don't start any work after 3pm now.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
No nights, Saturdays, or Sundays, i used to work 7 days a week for about 15 years once i actually took weekends off i realized how much good a couple days off a week does for me and my guys mentallyand physically. We keep a couple guys on call for after hours and weekend emergencies like floods but carpet cleaning gets done monday thru friday only.

Reactions: Jose Rodriguez

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
We don't do Saturdays for residential anymore, found that most of them were cheap problematic customers anyway. Will occasionally do Saturday for large commercial if can not find after-hours during week that can make work.
I agree. I don't run PPC ads on weekends either. Only psychos call me on Saturday.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
almost strictly residential I would leave saturdays open for vacant houses and commercial. This past year we reevaluated my workload and decided to eliminate saturday work except for two offices that I have been cleaning for like forever. after 40 years, even though I truely enjoy this profession, I have better things to do than work on weekends.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I don't miss doing night work ... lol

All those years going to Diners at 9-10-11PM only to find the dining room full of people. UGH !!!

But I used that as a excuse to stop working for them. Gradually I got rid of all of them.

Some were sold and some went out of business

Raising prices is another good way to get rid of them. Raise your price and they will stop calling you

I was doing 20 Diners/Restaurants for many years. Some would do them every month, some every 6 weeks others every 2-3 months. Some every 6 months.

It's been 9 years since I did my last Diner. The last Diner I was doing I cleaned for about 15 years every 6 weeks.
They got a new Manager and every time I would go there I would have to wait 30-60 minutes because she wouldn't close the dining room early enough. I warned her but she didn't listen. The last time I told her after I finished I was done working for them. Don't call anymore. I never heard from them again. THANK YOU !!!

Last edited: