Do you wear a mask at every job? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Do you wear a mask at every job?

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I wasn't wearing a mask at all. Most of my customers think the whole COVID response is stupid, even the old people. I try to keep my distance, but most of the old guys I work for tell me that they want to shake my hand, and I oblige. But today I went to a job, and had to swap out to my other van, that I don't keep my mask in. The lady asked me to wear a mask and I told her I just swapped my tools to my other vehicle and didn't bring one, so she gave me a face covering to wear. I felt kind of bad that I was unprepared, but she was the first person to ask me that. So I figured now, I would just wear one to every job, and then ask them if it's okay to remove. What are ya'll doing?

Reactions: Fedri

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I'm not working in a mask. Carpet cleaning is a physically demanding job and if you work at my pace your moving a lot.

Imo wearing a mask isn't worth it as your not giving yourself enough oxygen. If you were installing a cable box or working on a furnace sure.

I have always worn them doing shower work when cutting out grout etc and even that gets annoying after an hour or so

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Walked up to a house yesterday. My mask up on my head in case they ask me to put it on. Women answered the door and comes out with a mask on. Now im back about 10' from the door of course to give space. She started to say hi then looked up at the mask on top of my head. Then she took hers off. She was like oh good i dont have to wear this lol.
Its fkn stupid. Now if someone is working at a desk or has hundreds of different people in front of them all day? Yeah even i would wear one then. But us or contractors for that matter? F that. Cant breathe in the damn thing. And it gets worse as it collects moisture.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
been back cleaning since May 4. always ask if they want me to wear a mask or gloves. NOBODY has said yes. I did have a lady that answered the door wearing a mask but said I didnt have to wear one. After the walk through she took the mask off.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
darthgolf.jpeg
I'm keeping everyone safe wearing one 24 hours a day 7 days a week we need you all to help and fight the Chinese virus come on to be a team player do you really want people to die????

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
been back cleaning since May 4. always ask if they want me to wear a mask or gloves. NOBODY has said yes. I did have a lady that answered the door wearing a mask but said I didnt have to wear one. After the walk through she took the mask off.
Are you noticing a monkey see monkey do with the masks? Im seeing it a lot. Looks like people are confused lol. Stores are putting up signs because people were taking off their masks as they saw others not wearing them lol. Too bad their sign is inaccurate. If you cant wear a mask because of breathing or medical issues you dont have to wear it according to state. So much for the supposed penalty threat.
20200519_081745.jpg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Are you noticing a monkey see monkey do with the masks? Im seeing it a lot. Looks like people are confused lol. Stores are putting up signs because people were taking off their masks as they saw others not wearing them lol. Too bad their sign is inaccurate. If you cant wear a mask because of breathing or medical issues you dont have to wear it according to state. So much for the supposed penalty threat.View attachment 91627
20200512_160424.jpg

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
What is it with these bots? Let’s have some fun.
Hydroxychloroquine
China responsible
Never left Wuhan
Obamagate

Last edited:
Reactions: Joeytechman

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen
Business Location
United States
You should wear a mask in my own opinion...It wont cost you anything.There are nose mask with breathing valve you can get online. https://ebay.to/2LJwvkh
Just bought 2. I have glasses that fog up and wear nose/ mouth covering all the time when in customers houses now. I’ll see how they work.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I can't bring myself to even ask the customer if they want me to wear a mask in fear that they tell me yes. I would rather be asked to leave their home than to wear a mask.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
So I’m changing my policy concerning masks. I was wearing one throughout the whole job but it was relative cool out and I was cleaning only carpet. I cleaned a monster of a micro fiber couch. Reversible pillows and cushions with all 4 sides totally trashed along with the bodies. Dog/cat fur, oils , gum, candy, urine, puke spills and everything else under the sun......and it was pretty hot in the home. TM even quit on me as my supply hose to my solution pump collapsed starving it. The mask made it all almost unbearable. From now on I’ll only wear a mask upon arrival and walk through with customer and at the end walk through. They just have to distance themselves from me while working.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I am only wearing it if the customer have requested, I had only 2 so far that have requested me to wear the mask. I heard that some cleaners here that they charge extra to wear a mask because it is difficult to work with it.

Currently the weather is still cool, but when we reach the 80s-90s I will make sure they have an ac on or other wise they can find themselves another company for their service.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'm walking in proclaiming I have a fever of 100. Sneeze a few times without covering up, and insisting on shaking their hands

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Not sure how that video shows your speed and stamina of cleaning. Good vid though !

Reactions: mrotto