Do you trust other cleaners? - The value of a strategic partnership.

Would you trust another cleaner with one of your customers?

• Total voters

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Have you ever faced the problem where you have cleaned a particular stain from your carpet but it ends up showing up again and again?

How long after you clean up the spot does it take for it to reappear?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Have you ever faced the problem where you have cleaned a particular stain from your carpet but it ends up showing up again and again?
Yes. I had a large oil spill I cleaned up one time. A week later it looked as if I never had cleaned it. I re-cleaned and a week later it was back. On the 3rd trip I pulled the carpet up and the padding was drenched in oil and so was the wood sub flooring. The wood got replaced, we put new padding in and cleaned the carpet again from both sides.

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
Networking is huge. I currently own three businesses. Two are now ran by my managers and I am working on a third. In our world even knowing some people you can trust is huge. I helped many business get started by referring work and even subbing them out. Remember one thing. The more people you serve, the more you receive. You can not receive with a closed hand. So take a chance and create relationships with local people. I don't normally let people know how connected I am, so I get to see who they really are first.

Reactions: Mama Fen

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Yes, I have one house with such stain. I know the answer to this problem, but customer didn't care to mitigate it, so stain is covered by small runner. The story is 10 years old, when quart of some oily substance was spilled next to a night stand. When I first encounter stain 5 years ago, I knew that 10 " diameter stain means 4'- 5' of underlayment being affected and proposed to pull out carpet, replace padding, possibly seal the subfloor and fix a patch.
They said no, we're going to replace carpet this year ( and yes, carpet needs to be replaced) Everyone used to situation by now and life goes on...
Firstly, you have to identify source and time frame in which stain occurred to make your next move. In many cases, spot lifter is way to go. If stain is close to a corner, padding replacement is an ideal solution, even the patch would suffice if you cut padding out.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I know some good people, they are good guy. I would help out either one of them.
or if you like you can also contact cozythebest.
Cozy The Best Cleaning Services provides regular office & home cleaning services Singapore.
OK Cozy, . LOL

Ever feel like you are a lone wolf in your business?

For all you single truck owner operators out there, what do you do when you get a big job that you need help on? or if your equipment breaks down? Vacation anyone? Being an owner operator with no employees and only one truck can sometimes put you in a tough spot.

As I left my former place of employment and started my own company one of my biggest fears was "what would I ever do if I had my truck or machine go down". Having worked for a large multi-truck operation I always had the benefit of being able to call the office and have another truck sent out when I had equipment problems. That all went away when I started my own business.

It was soon after starting my business that I found TMF. I have seen it with other cleaners. I wished I had another cleaner that I could team up with when needed.

I have since made friends with a few other cleaners here in Vegas and I have a really good working relationship with a few of them. I met Jeff (blacktiedetailing) and Damon (cleaningservicepros) and over the last year or so have been able to build a good working relationship and friendship with each of them. We refer jobs to each other and help each other out quite often. I can say I would trust either of them with the keys to my house. It's a great comfort knowing that we each look out for each other and can count on each other.

How about you? Do you have any other local friends in the business or do you prefer to keep a distance? Would you trust another cleaner?
Well, Its a diplomatic question. Why don't you tell me about your condition.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Latest posts