Do you release air pressure every time tuning the engine off?

nogo1024

Jul 17, 2019
Real Name
Ian Choi
Hi there,

I only release the air pressure at the end of the day (after the last job) like applying lubricant on blower at the end of the day and am just curious if that's not good for the truck mount system and i was supposed to release the air pressure every single time i turn the engine off. How do you guys do? Thanks :)

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Not sure what TM you have but when I turn my pressure pump switch off the PSI goes to 0 which means there is no pressure in the system.

That being said I dont see that be a concern, you may want to ask Rob since he builds TMs. I would think it would be better to have no pressure in the system vs pressure in the system when the machine is not being used

I think it is important to drain your solution line after every job though. before I put it on the reel, I press the male fitting against a metal part of the van which drains the pressure. It is much easier to reel it up that way and I think its better for the hose.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I always release the PSI pressure.

after lubing the blower motor,
I turn temp off, bring temp to the lowest, usually at least 170 degrees,
while the engine is running the turn PSI/.water pump off, and open trigger on wand or courtesy valve,
turn engine off.

I do not allow Pressure to remain in system when the truckmount is off