Do you love what you do? Carpet cleaning?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Artist? Do you love what you do? During this TMF tour I’ve ran into many who do and don’t. Some are looking for an exit while others wouldn’t trade it for the world. One guy said he’s just running his business but wants out to be an artist. What about you?

Attachments

• 0E4C427A-A088-4A4C-88FB-7D496A7C9C2A.jpeg
    0E4C427A-A088-4A4C-88FB-7D496A7C9C2A.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 5

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Just turned 65 but I think this occupation keeps me thinking Im more like 45. Its great exercise, get to talk to different people, be in different homes each and every day. There is immediate satisfaction both by seeing the improvement you make and also the gratitude of the customers. Get to work when you want to work.

At this age, theres not a day where I dont have someone ask if or when Im going to retire. Most often the customer doesnt want me to............ever, LOL. I tell them that I will continue to do this until
1. I dont enjoy doing the work.
2. I physically cant do the work
3. Someone else in my area can do it better.

Yes, winter is coming and there will be days when Id rather sleep in.

But there is nothing Id rather be doing.

SkylinePrints

Nov 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Real Name
Nathan
Business Location
United States
Rob,

This is a journey I started back in college. Since then, I have had quite a few different jobs, but this industry has always been my favorite. It can be the hottest job in the summer and the coldest in the winter but as @mrotto stated, the satisfaction of seeing results and customer interactions make this a unique experience. I always love this work.
I started at SS and was lucky to have a franchise owner that was passionate about providing excellent service. I caught the bug and started my own business years later. Sold it, tried something different but came back again. At this point, I have sold my business again ... yet ... here I am. I keep up with the industry. It's still in my blood and I will not be surprised to see my return to active status.

Sapphire Steamer

Feb 13, 2011
CA
Real Name
Bret Furtado
Business Location
United States
I absolutely love my job and this industry for a number of reasons. Instant gratification, is satisfying to see the results as you work, customer is happy and get paid right away. Not accountable to ANYBODY accept my wife and customers. Was so tired of having a boss who doesn't understand your job looming over your destiny. My success stress or failures are mine alone and that gives me peace of mind. I also feel great at the end of the day after all the exercise, driving away with my elbow out the window and I feel like a boss (because I am the boss).