Do YOU Know What A Landing Page Is?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Its endless what you can do. Some are information based like a blog, some video and some just call to action and a form.
Here is one i did using rob's tile cleaning video as a demo.

Aug 4, 2016
Real Name
John Davidson
Hey guys, i'm new to this site and wanted to learn more about SEO and marketing. Lots of good info here, definitely lots to absorb.

Aug 23, 2013
NC
www.yourtrueclean.com
Real Name
Robert
Its endless what you can do. Some are information based like a blog, some video and some just call to action and a form.
Here is one i did using rob's tile cleaning video as a demo.

Great Post! I have just started using FB as part of my advertising and am having pretty good success so far. I haven't used the "claim offer" idea yet, but I like the idea of giving away the spotter to your selected group that claim it. Do you think the following is a good idea;

They claim your free spotter offer which also comes with a free carpet inspection, you call to inform them that you will be cleaning carpet in their area so you can personally deliver it.

When you arrive in your nice, clean carpet van, you greet them with the spotter bottle and have a nicely prepared folder with you. The folder will have carpet cleaning info, your cleaning process , services offered, ect.

You do the inspection and give them the full quote to have the home cleaned and included in that quote is the free room or a good % off, if they have it cleaned in the next two weeks.

just an idea or is it just stupid. lol

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I have a landing page on MarketingZoo.com, there a really good source for everything about marketing for our industry as well!

May 21, 2016
Real Name
Tony Brown
Yes Todd. Like Shane Said, you can do this whithin your main page. Use the town as title. However, It is against daddy Google rules. If you abuse it, you can go to the sand box. I would say (don't take me on this) 1 or 2 pages will be OK but, after all, Google has the last saying.

If I were you, I would buy the url you posted and create a landing page for it. With a video and some strong keyword phrases, you could rank in no time if the town is small and competition is low. A huge huge freaking offer for conversion and you could own that town.
You're better off ranking your website for the main city. If it's optimized correctly, you will automatically start to rank in the smaller areas without the extra work. Besides, even in low competition markets, landing pages will still have a hard time ranking well.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
@Johnny Bravo . There you go, we got to page 6. Just by reading all this, my ranking has spiraled up. Positive ( sometimes even negative exposure, when is channeled in right direction) is very important to every aspect of any successful business . I hate spending time looking for opportunity , where everyone is looking, so I developed my own strategy and doesn't cost me a penny. More so, brings me residual income. B2b marketing is my main tool of getting , where I want to be. Essential in this effort for me was the fact that I partnered up with a few business minded individuals who own 2 or 3 already established enterprises like myself(10 years +) end each business has its own organically developing network( e.g. CC , Real Estate, Restaurant ) Now , if you fill x,y with more interesting industries and multiply with solid number of people you realize that this is not your Chamber of Commerce network, where you have to attend meetings and "sell " your services or products. I have been lucky not to support any Chamber since... well, ever. I have to admit, the results were not visible for a while, but...You might ask, how is this working with so many individuals involved. Just recently, I cleaned high end condo for developer. On site was working John, who was finishing painting on the floors with a hardwood flooring. John is owner of new age lounge and landscape company, he also installs carpet and hardwood flooring, Had to help him to find new girl for morning hours for his lounge, which wasn't problem , because of employment agency member of the network, who also owns janitorial company and took care of the final touch up of the condo........ Plumbers, lawyers, mechanics, janitor, no one's excluded.
I believe this is nothing new , all I wanted to share is my hate for all the Facebook, Instagram, SEO, this chat, that chat, where everything and everyone seems to be impersonal, cold and nowadays even dangerous.
Sorry @shane deubell , I'm more face to face guy like @Mike Krall , @Common janitor and others.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Basically its a webpage you send leads to learn more information about your company, more info on a specific subject and/or schedule an estimate or appointment.

What kinds?
1. traditional "seo guy" meaning is a page separate from your website and is only 1 page. Most are set up simple to solicit a quick response. An example might be you want to focus an adwords campaign just about stone refinishing or pet odor removal. So you would buy a domain like stonerefinishingpro.com or whatever and create 1 simple page with info about that subject and a request estimate form and option go to your main website.

2. The other option is create a page on your website and/or send link to a specific page on your website.

Where can you use them?

Facebook, adword campaigns, your b-card, postcard, coupon mailers, radio ads. ANY way you advertise.

WHY?
This way you can test/create very specific offers for very specific people. Maybe your postcard is eddm and you only want an offer just for that neighborhood or you put a special offer on your b-card, facebook etc.

Its very easy to track this way and see what motivates people the best.
Nobody really knows, we have to learn ;
Nobody really knows is right, Shane

May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
@Johnny Bravo . There you go, we got to page 6. Just by reading all this, my ranking has spiraled up. Positive ( sometimes even negative exposure, when is channeled in right direction) is very important to every aspect of any successful business . I hate spending time looking for opportunity , where everyone is looking, so I developed my own strategy and doesn't cost me a penny. More so, brings me residual income. B2b marketing is my main tool of getting , where I want to be. Essential in this effort for me was the fact that I partnered up with a few business minded individuals who own 2 or 3 already established enterprises like myself(10 years +) end each business has its own organically developing network( e.g. CC , Real Estate, Restaurant ) Now , if you fill x,y with more interesting industries and multiply with solid number of people you realize that this is not your Chamber of Commerce network, where you have to attend meetings and "sell " your services or products. I have been lucky not to support any Chamber since... well, ever. I have to admit, the results were not visible for a while, but...You might ask, how is this working with so many individuals involved. Just recently, I cleaned high end condo for developer. On site was working John, who was finishing painting on the floors with a hardwood flooring. John is owner of new age lounge and landscape company, he also installs carpet and hardwood flooring, Had to help him to find new girl for morning hours for his lounge, which wasn't problem , because of employment agency member of the network, who also owns janitorial company and took care of the final touch up of the condo........ Plumbers, lawyers, mechanics, janitor, no one's excluded.
I believe this is nothing new , all I wanted to share is my hate for all the Facebook, Instagram, SEO, this chat, that chat, where everything and everyone seems to be impersonal, cold and nowadays even dangerous.
Sorry @shane deubell , I'm more face to face guy like @Mike Krall , @Common janitor and others.
HUH? thats an idiotic way to look at business.

Of course you should network, thats a staple in B2B marketing since the Jesus days. But its been talked about 8 gazillion times so its not interesting topic really.

Facebook/Linkedin is networking but instead of networking one person at a time you can network with hundreds and even thousands of people at a time. Its not a replacement of building relationships but enhancing current relationships and making new ones easier and faster.

Nov 5, 2016
Real Name
Cody Archdeacon
Let me make this clear and I hope @shane deubell and the ones who care help on this to keep it viral.

a landing page is not necessarily made to execute sales. It is meant to attract prospects and keep them focused on whatever the objective is. Whether it is to collect e-mails or names or anything to eventually turn this prospects into buyers or permanent followers. That is the purpose of a landing page.
@Ryankettering I say it is a viral piece because on any campaign. One will be directing the readers to a certain url. If that url happens to be you website, That becomes your landing page. However, it is been proven that a dedicated page focused to your specific "offer" with no distractions will increase the number of conversions by huge percentages. That is the reason they created "landing pages:" which is nothing else than "dedicated Pages"

In short, it is best that people land on a dedicated page than on a home page full of general and most times, boring , dated, and useless information.
http://dapperbroscleaners.com/carpet-steam-cleaning-colorado-springs/

An example of one that I'm running.

Sent from my LGLS992 using TMF Forums mobile app

May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

Kilara

Jul 3, 2018
USA, New York
Real Name
Hannah
Business Location
United States
The two most important pieces of copy on your landing page are the headline and the call to action