Do YOU Know What A Landing Page Is?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
You got the free time I suppose to horse around with this stuff.

What do you mean horse around?
I dont play games, if it wasnt profitable i wouldnt do it.

Friday i had a commercial estimate that came from a landing page on a nichee adword campaign.
Probably $2k a year bid that cost me like $20.

Actually we use landing pages for customer surveys now after jobs, its quicker and easier then sending an attachment.

You just dont know what,why or how.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary

Friday i had a commercial estimate that came from a landing page on a nichee adword campaign.

Actually we use landing pages for customer surveys now after jobs, its quicker and easier then sending an attachment.

A landing page for customer surveys is quick, easy & Simple???

Dude, ever heard of Google Formso_O

Our divide here is one of efficiency.

I'm for it.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary

As to your 2k story, what say you to the fella that nailed a 2k yr bid WITH OUT a landing page?

Don't overcomplicate the Lead Generation process

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
In my opinion
1. I understand a landing page
2. I also understand the use of it
3. I understand that with recent technologies it can be an effective marketing tool.
As with any other tool or marketing strategy you have to have an audience for it. With the help of another member I'm re-branding myself sort of and with the rebrand comes a web page SEO work and a landing marketing scheme I want to try. I hope by this time next year to have a completely different outlook on biz and hopefully success in the plan. I have all the dominoes lined up so we shall see,,,

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I agree that landing pages can very useful but with the little effort most of us put into marketing, I can agree with 6' that there's hundred other things we have to be doing before spending time on building landing pages.

Most of us don't get that far...

Yeah but what if you could have an unlimited number of them hosted and a tool to create them.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
That doesnt drop in your crm, ;).

For a 2 truck operating like Myself it's smarter to do My client follow ups via text messaging.

If I recall you're off the truck as well.

Why not do a more personalized CRM with all your free time?

Why or for a disconnected, inhuman option?

Some things you automate, some things you just don't

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
For a 2 truck operating like Myself it's smarter to do My client follow ups via text messaging.

If I recall you're off the truck as well.

Why not do a more personalized CRM with all your free time?

Why or for a disconnected, inhuman option?

Some things you automate, some things you just don't

We do!!

We do everything phone,mail and email.
Every customer is different, some people are very difficult to reach via phone.

Not a fan of texting customers, although if we had an app i would.

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
Ok

Attachments

• 1428626908678.jpg
    1428626908678.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 287

timmoore

Mar 20, 2013
murfreesboro tn
www.tlcjanitorial.net
Real Name
Tim Moore
Business Location
United States
Ok this was realy a fantastic amount of info aside from the rants BUT unless i missed it 2 questions. Could someone link there landing page so we could see how a well put together one looks like? and if you went with a separate URL vs a page on a main website what would you suggest ie.. if you lived in jamestown usa would you want to get www.jamestownusacarpetcleaning. even though you are not especially looking for SEO of that page? What does the internet gooroos think

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Ok this was realy a fantastic amount of info aside from the rants BUT unless i missed it 2 questions. Could someone link there landing page so we could see how a well put together one looks like? and if you went with a separate URL vs a page on a main website what would you suggest ie.. if you lived in jamestown usa would you want to get www.jamestownusacarpetcleaning. even though you are not especially looking for SEO of that page? What does the internet gooroos think

No something easy to remember and spell. Then you can put it on b cards, print, any advertising you do.
Here is an example.

sally_f_oz

Jul 21, 2016
Real Name
Sally Fletcher
No something easy to remember and spell. Then you can put it on b cards, print, any advertising you do.
Here is an example.

Hi Shane,

My web guy tried to school me in the specifics of a landing page and basic SEO but in all honesty, it went in one ear and out the other.... Which is why I pay HIM to be the web guy and not try and figure it out myself!

Anywho, my takeaways from his attempts at teaching me, in regards to a landing page, is that the calls to action should be prominent and obvious. He has also done some click to call buttons for those on their mobiles.

He did mention getting ranked in google and other search engines but the only thing I took from that lesson was that you need a lot of original and authoritative content on your landing page for google to rank it in their search engine. The reason I recall this specifically is because I was unhappy with the amount of content on the landing page he created, thought it was a waste - who would actually read it. I was assured it was essential and can confirm, after a short time, it has paid off, with my landing page now ranking in google searches for my local area.

For someone who with minimal knowledge of web design, content, seo and the like, I would highly recommend to anyone wanting a website to get some professional advice and then decide whether to hire their services or attempt to make a website yourself. I can do without that sort of headache so happily paid a local business. If you want to check out my landing page and basic website the link is http://www.geelongscleanestcarpets.com/ I'm happy with it and it's starting to give me calls. Would be interested in any feedback from anyone in regards to my website, positive or negative.

Thanks,

Sally

sally_f_oz

Jul 21, 2016
Real Name
Sally Fletcher
Here is an example.

Hi Shane,

My web guy tried to school me in the specifics of a landing page and basic SEO but in all honesty, it went in one ear and out the other.... Which is why I pay HIM to be the web guy and not try and figure it out myself!

Anywho, my takeaways from his attempts at teaching me, in regards to a landing page, is that the calls to action should be prominent and obvious. He has also done some click to call buttons for those on their mobiles.

He did mention getting ranked in google and other search engines but the only thing I took from that lesson was that you need a lot of original and authoritative content on your landing page for google to rank it in their search engine. The reason I recall this specifically is because I was unhappy with the amount of content on the landing page he created, thought it was a waste - who would actually read it. I was assured it was essential and can confirm, after a short time, it has paid off, with my landing page now ranking in google searches for my local area.

For someone who with minimal knowledge of web design, content, seo and the like, I would highly recommend to anyone wanting a website to get some professional advice and then decide whether to hire their services or attempt to make a website yourself. I can do without that sort of headache so happily paid a local business. If you want to check out my landing page and basic website the link is http://www.geelongscleanestcarpets.com/ I'm happy with it and it's starting to give me calls. Would be interested in any feedback from anyone in regards to my website, positive or negative.

Thanks,

Sally

sally_f_oz

Jul 21, 2016
Real Name
Sally Fletcher
Here is an example.

Hi Shane,

Thanks,

Sally