Do YOU Know What A Landing Page Is?

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Thats the thing jeff, i never say you have to do this or that.
I start threads like this to plant the seed and give us ideas to research, which ones are best for you is none of my business.

Once in awhile a troll like figgy comes around who doesnt believe in something.
Why is beyond me.
Dont post if you cannot respectfully debate an opposing viewpoint

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
Ah but you are not debating. You are say its stupid for carpet cleaners to do this.
Thats not really a debating tactic.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
You could just create a page on your website cactus carpet cleaning. So yes

Then if you did adwords campaign use that as the link
Except for the no distractions thing. Martin pointed out. Cause I always thought to just rank each page from site as well, but it wouldn't really be a true landing page. In every since of the word. Just a thought. I know it would be cheaper, but still.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Except for the no distractions thing. Martin pointed out. Cause I always thought to just rank each page from site as well, but it wouldn't really be a true landing page. In every since of the word. Just a thought. I know it would be cheaper, but still.
How do you mean?

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
How do you mean?
. He explains it better.

Let me make this clear and I hope @shane deubell and the ones who care help on this to keep it viral.

a landing page is not necessarily made to execute sales. It is meant to attract prospects and keep them focused on whatever the objective is. Whether it is to collect e-mails or names or anything to eventually turn this prospects into buyers or permanent followers. That is the purpose of a landing page.
@Ryankettering I say it is a viral piece because on any campaign. One will be directing the readers to a certain url. If that url happens to be you website, That becomes your landing page. However, it is been proven that a dedicated page focused to your specific "offer" with no distractions will increase the number of conversions by huge percentages. That is the reason they created "landing pages:" which is nothing else than "dedicated Pages"

In short, it is best that people land on a dedicated page than on a home page full of general and most times, boring , dated, and useless information.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
. He explains it better.
Okay.

I can respect that. And lord knows I respect Martin.

My point has been from the beginning that this landing page thingy @shane deubell has finally discovered is beyond overkill.

Hay...If you've got time to burn, have at it.

But Most here don't have the want, need nor luxury to fiddle around with this outdated landing page thingy

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Okay.

My point has been from the beginning that this landing page thingy @shane deubell has finally discovered is beyond overkill.

But Most here don't have the want, need nor luxury to fiddle around with this outdated landing page thingy
I don't use one either. And really just read a few lines. But what Martin said made sense. I hear ya on the time restraints. I have a list a mile long. And this just wouldn't be pushed to the top. But cool for those looking to try it out and let us know.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Okay.

It's not outdated buddy. In fact, with the monopolization of the first page by the directories like yelp, angies list and such, I really think that
PPC will skyrocket again. Most people think that all landing pages a big ass "sales" pages which is not necessarily true. Here is a landing page we did for a BNI friend designated for one campaign on a special she has going for BNI memebers and friends. link not valid

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
It's not outdated buddy. In fact, with the monopolization of the first page by the directories like yelp, angies list and such, I really think that
PPC will skyrocket again. Most people think that all landing pages a big ass "sales" pages which is not necessarily true. Here is a landing page we did for a BNI friend designated for one campaign on a special she has going for BNI memebers and friends. link not valid
Now,. for your business model it may not work or may not be necessary.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
How is yelp and angies list getting on first page everywhere. Just because they are gathering clicks nationwide making them more relevant to google? I am still ahead of both. They used to and still do sometimes do a ppc here. But they are coming up organically on first page at the bottom on my keywords I use.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
That is a good looking page

LFC

Premium VIP
Oct 8, 2009
England
www.kleenrightuk.co.uk
Real Name
Mike McNally
Business Location
United Kingdom
This is now my landing page for tile and grout cleaning.link not valid

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
How is yelp and angies list getting on first page everywhere. Just because they are gathering clicks nationwide making them more relevant to google? I am still ahead of both. They used to and still do sometimes do a ppc here. But they are coming up organically on first page at the bottom on my keywords I use.
they are seen as trusted giants by google. therefore, they get priority before anyone else. They are not dominating all areas as they are still growing but soon you will not be able to rank anywhere near them unless, you advertise with them. Money talks and google is money hungry.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I agree that landing pages can very useful but with the little effort most of us put into marketing, I can agree with 6' that there's hundred other things we have to be doing before spending time on building landing pages.

Most of us don't get that far...

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Unless I'm mistaken, she has a one page website