Do YOU Know What A Landing Page Is?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Basically its a webpage you send leads to learn more information about your company, more info on a specific subject and/or schedule an estimate or appointment.

What kinds?
1. traditional "seo guy" meaning is a page separate from your website and is only 1 page. Most are set up simple to solicit a quick response. An example might be you want to focus an adwords campaign just about stone refinishing or pet odor removal. So you would buy a domain like stonerefinishingpro.com or whatever and create 1 simple page with info about that subject and a request estimate form and option go to your main website.

2. The other option is create a page on your website and/or send link to a specific page on your website.

Where can you use them?

Facebook, adword campaigns, your b-card, postcard, coupon mailers, radio ads. ANY way you advertise.

WHY?
This way you can test/create very specific offers for very specific people. Maybe your postcard is eddm and you only want an offer just for that neighborhood or you put a special offer on your b-card, facebook etc.

Its very easy to track this way and see what motivates people the best.
Nobody really knows, we have to learn ;

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Great information Shane, Thanks! But this will never go past the 3rd page unless someone starts an argument. :smuggrin:

Thats fine johnny, I practice what i preach....

My service company is no different, i target a specific group of prospects.
.5 - 1 % is fine for me :)

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Basically its a webpage you send leads to learn more information about your company, more info on a specific subject and/or schedule an estimate or appointment.

What kinds?
1. traditional "seo guy" meaning is a page separate from your website and is only 1 page. Most are set up simple to solicit a quick response. An example might be you want to focus an adwords campaign just about stone refinishing or pet odor removal. So you would buy a domain like stonerefinishingpro.com or whatever and create 1 simple page with info about that subject and a request estimate form and option go to your main website.

2. The other option is create a page on your website and/or send link to a specific page on your website.

Where can you use them?

Facebook, adword campaigns, your b-card, postcard, coupon mailers, radio ads. ANY way you advertise.

WHY?
This way you can test/create very specific offers for very specific people. Maybe your postcard is eddm and you only want an offer just for that neighborhood or you put a special offer on your b-card, facebook etc.

Its very easy to track this way and see what motivates people the best.
Nobody really knows, we have to learn ;
trying to play with this now... definitely should be part of most marketing campaigns

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I have been thinking of targeting some of the smaller surrounding towns around pahrump that have no carpet cleaners. Is a landing page the same as having a 1 page website like "cactus springs carpet cleaning.com" that then has a link to my main site or how does this work?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
if your campaign is to get social followers or have people subscribe to your email list, it isn't a vital part.. that's why I worded it the way I did.. not EVERY marketing campaign has a goal of closing a sale.
we can talk about this in depth only because you are a guy who cares and listens.
The fact that it is call "offer" is not because people have to buy anything. If you were to try and offer something lets say on facebook to gain followers, Your profile page acts as a landing page why? that is where you will be directing your prospects. . You will have to offer something in order for people to became your friend or like you. ONce they click on the offer regardless of what you will give, You have executed the sale.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Let me make this clear and I hope @shane deubell and the ones who care help on this to keep it viral.

a landing page is not necessarily made to execute sales. It is meant to attract prospects and keep them focused on whatever the objective is. Whether it is to collect e-mails or names or anything to eventually turn this prospects into buyers or permanent followers. That is the purpose of a landing page.
@Ryankettering I say it is a viral piece because on any campaign. One will be directing the readers to a certain url. If that url happens to be you website, That becomes your landing page. However, it is been proven that a dedicated page focused to your specific "offer" with no distractions will increase the number of conversions by huge percentages. That is the reason they created "landing pages:" which is nothing else than "dedicated Pages"

In short, it is best that people land on a dedicated page than on a home page full of general and most times, boring , dated, and useless information.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Let me make this clear and I hope @shane deubell and the ones who care help on this to keep it viral.

a landing page is not necessarily made to execute sales. It is meant to attract prospects and keep them focused on whatever the objective is. Whether it is to collect e-mails or names or anything to eventually turn this prospects into buyers or permanent followers. That is the purpose of a landing page.
@Ryankettering I say it is a viral piece because on any campaign. One will be directing the readers to a certain url. If that url happens to be you website, That becomes your landing page. However, it is been proven that a dedicated page focused to your specific "offer" with no distractions will increase the number of conversions by huge percentages. That is the reason they created "landing pages:" which is nothing else than "dedicated Pages"

In short, it is best that people land on a dedicated page than on a home page full of general and most times, boring , dated, and useless information.

You're giving me a headache Pinosan.

Reactions: Ryankettering

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I have been thinking of targeting some of the smaller surrounding towns around pahrump that have no carpet cleaners. Is a landing page the same as having a 1 page website like "cactus springs carpet cleaning.com" that then has a link to my main site or how does this work?
You could just create a page on your website cactus carpet cleaning. So yes

Then if you did adwords campaign use that as the link

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

Good stuff martin and true. Although in our industry i mostly want to schedule/set up an estimate.

But someone clever could create one for "how to remove candle wax from carpet" and provide a DIY tip then a link to your website
Really endless what we can do once we start thinking about it.

LFC

Premium VIP
Oct 8, 2009
England
www.kleenrightuk.co.uk
Real Name
Mike McNally
Business Location
United Kingdom
This may help conversion I know I'm going to remove mine.

1. You’re using image sliders
Too many homepages use image sliders to communicate different product features and promotions. It might seem like a good idea at first; if one message doesn’t appeal to the visitor, maybe the next one will!

Unfortunately, it turns out that sliders kill conversion.

2. Your site causes visual confusion
It’s common knowledge that people don’t actually read your website. If your visitor is from a Western culture, they’re scanning your site in a Z-orF- shaped pattern hunting for clues as to when to slow down.

And if you’re not giving your visitors visual cues to guide them through the actions you want them to take, you’ll find that your conversion rate will suffer accordingly.

If you want to keep your conversion rate healthy, consider these visual tweaks to account for people’s gazing patterns.

Hack: Guide visitors with a darkened overlay
Redesigning your landing pages or checkout funnel to be visually fluid can take time, but there are small things you can do to reduce visual confusion.

Dialog boxes are generally used because you want your visitors to take action – and you don’t want them to be distracted by what lays underneath. Whenever a dialog box pops up on screen, try adding a dark semi-transparent layer over surrounding areas to help hone the focus of your visitors.