Do you know this oriental rug?

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
An oriental rug like this one

This one

They are 2 examples of Islamabad from Pakistan. This type of ierntal rug is very common in my country.
The Pakistani sellers say this rug is made of wool and silk, where silk is the light part of the carpet. In my opinion it is a fraud! In my opinion the light part of the rug is cotton.
I have difficulty washing these rugs. After washing, the light part is not soft and and the aesthetic result is not the best.
I usually wash these rugs with a woolsafe prespray (Prochem Prespray Gold) and rinse with an acid rinse.
Where is the error?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Likely the parts they are calling silk are fake silk made of rayon or cotton / rayon blend. They clump together when wet. They absorb a lot of moisture and cannot stand up under their own weight, so they fall over. You must brush or groom them through out the drying process. Maybe every 5 or 10 minutes. This will separate the fibers and help them stand up until dry.

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Likely the parts they are calling silk are fake silk made of rayon or cotton / rayon blend. They clump together when wet. They absorb a lot of moisture and cannot stand up under their own weight, so they fall over. You must brush or groom them through out the drying process. Maybe every 5 or 10 minutes. This will separate the fibers and help them stand up until dry.
Thanks Scott!