Do you have to reclaim water

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
When powerwashing sidewalks can you just let the water drain into the street if using biodegradable cleaning products or just water?

If not how do you reclaim the water without it being sucked into the TM tank. I imagine I'll be picking up tiny pebbles and stuff i don't want going through my water pump.
Screenshot_20180902-184021_Earth.jpg

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
When powerwashing sidewalks can you just let the water drain into the street if using biodegradable cleaning products or just water?

If not how do you reclaim the water without it being sucked into the TM tank. I imagine I'll be picking up tiny pebbles and stuff i don't want going through my water pump. View attachment 79724
Depends on location. Here in N FL no-one seems to care but in some areas anything other than cold water only requires reclaim.
I found my TM wasn't the best choice for pressure washing. I hated the idea of running it only to make 1/10th per hour that I make doing other surfaces.

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Depends on location. Here in N FL no-one seems to care but in some areas anything other than cold water only requires reclaim.
I found my TM wasn't the best choice for pressure washing. I hated the idea of running it only to make 1/10th per hour that I make doing other surfaces.
Who would i ask locally for that answer ?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Who would i ask locally for that answer ?
I would ask at local pressure washer suppliers. You may get some help from local government agency. Search for stormwater run-off regulations in your county.
My understanding is all run-off cannot flow into storm drains unless it's straight cold water, no chems.
You could also ask around on the pressure washer forums.
I did one driveway and used a dam to collect the water and had my TM vacuum set up to pick up the dammed puddle.
The amount of sand and grit was ridiculous. I used a piglet filter in my inline filter and it clogged every 5 minutes.
Now I don't mess with p/w at all.

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
I would ask at local pressure washer suppliers. You may get some help from local government agency. Search for stormwater run-off regulations in your county.
My understanding is all run-off cannot flow into storm drains unless it's straight cold water, no chems.
You could also ask around on the pressure washer forums.
I did one driveway and used a dam to collect the water and had my TM vacuum set up to pick up the dammed puddle.
The amount of sand and grit was ridiculous. I used a piglet filter in my inline filter and it clogged every 5 minutes.
Now I don't mess with p/w at all.
That's exactly why i don't want to reclaim. Not worth ruining the TM pump out. I was wondering if there was a way to reclaim the water not using the TM. This way i could divert the water on to the property to be soaked up into the ground.