Direct Mail EDDM - Do you have a really nice ad copy for postcards? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Do you have a really nice ad copy for postcards?

tony k

May 24, 2012
Real Name
tony
Hi guys. I've seen some really nice ads you guys have shares in the past. I'm currently looking into valpak and they keep wanting me to spend 1300 dollars on an ad that looks from the 90s. I seen Johnny bravo and some others had some really nice ad copies they shared.

So. Would you mind posting them so I can share with these people what an ad should look like. Or maybe the link to the thread that contains the pics. I am currently searching the forum but no luck

Sent from my SM-N900T using TMF Forums mobile app

tony k

May 24, 2012
Real Name
tony
He has. I found the copies all but Johnnie bravo . I hope they get the point

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Missoula, Montana, United States
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
This is my current Valpak coupon that I've been running with great success. Price accordingly to your area. My prices are probably lower then a lot of yours because my market is lower. I've had several calls asking what 3 rooms and a hall costs ($90) and they haven't called back; which tells me I am not the cheapest but I don't want to be known as the cheapest cleaner in town.

At $1300 sounds like he is trying to sell you 4 or 5 zones. Don't do it, do 2 zones to start. If they work add more zones. The degree of success for a VP IMO depends on two things. The number of other carpet cleaners in the VP and the number of restaurant coupons. People open up the VP to get the food coupons because they are coupons they use regularly, they don't open up VP to look for carpet cleaning coupons. When they dig through the VP looking for food coupons they see your ad and then decide now is a good time to get their carpets cleaned or they are moving out this month. Every month and you start building brand recognition as well.

What this means if your local VP doesn't have a good supply of restaurant coupons there will be less people opening it up and going through it to see your coupon.

Attachments

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

tony k

May 24, 2012
Real Name
tony
I'll look into just two zones. Thanks will. Test test test

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Valpak is completely different then a postcard, less space and people are looking for an offer.

Objective-Headline- supporting image - offer

Make sure the headline is directly connected to the image and not a hero before/after pic of your last rental...
and your name is not your headline!