Do you guys take pictures of the rugs you clean?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick Brereton
Does anybody take pictures of customers rugs before cleaning to point out defects? Do you have a camera mounted to a wall or ceiling or do you just use your phone? I'm looking at the best way to start documenting and taking pictures of all the rugs we take in.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yes. Document, document and document.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Good idea to take pics from multiple angles. No matter what type of job it was. If there is ever a question down the road at least you have something to look back on.

Jun 15, 2018
Real Name
Thunder Warren
I used a galaxy note to take pictures and then had them initial the picture as proof it was before I took it. I’m sure you can do the same with any other phone

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Does anybody take pictures of customers rugs before cleaning to point out defects? Do you have a camera mounted to a wall or ceiling or do you just use your phone? I'm looking at the best way to start documenting and taking pictures of all the rugs we take in.
Are you in Miami?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Always photograph.

If your company gets big enough, there is software to attach the photo to the customer file. Make sure the right rug photo goes with the right rug and customer. Some folks just print out the customer name and info and get it in the photo with the rug.

I used a dedicated digital camera, but back in my rug plant days, i did not have a cell phone.

Jun 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick Brereton
I have a server, computers, and software but I'm trying to make this fool proof for my technicians. Some of them aren't very tech savvy. With your dedicated camera did you have to manually export your pictures from a sd card onto a computer or server? I know there are some cameras today that have built in wifi to export pictures and they even make sd cards that have wifi capabilities. It does me no good when a customer calls up complaining that there is damage to her rug (pre existing that she hadn't noticed) and the pictures are on one of my technicians phones in their camera roll out on a job somewhere. Just trying to figure out the best solution here.

Jun 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick Brereton
by the way thanks for everybody's input, tmf is the best and I get a lot of great info from everyone on here.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Absolutely!
document, take dimensions and photos
we also video

Jun 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick Brereton
Ok, Paradise 305, is why I asked, that’s the zip code down there, and most people call our area paradise. Lol
We got a sign hanging in our office that says, "Just another day in paradise" so that was kinda the influence.