Do you consider this difficult?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
In the pic below, do you guys consider these items difficult to remove especially without the use of a solvent? Markers are permanent inks.
Carpet is a looped untreated nylon. Spills had 24 hours to dry on test carpet.
AFT3.jpg
AFT 5 untreated nylon loop botton no AFT did not respond to cleaning as well as top that was t...jpg

The left side was treated with a new ingredient Bonnet Pro is developing and will introduce into OMEGA CITRUS with ProFresh later this year.
The left side precleaned with OMEGA was easier to clean out with just Surround No Rinse and some OMEGA Gum, Grease and Ink. Just hand cleaned not extracted.

There are three test pieces as I'm looking into different formulas. This is a third round of testing.

The new ingredient IS NOT encapsulation or a carpet protector and it will not change my selling price of OMEGA or other products I formulate the new wonder ingredient into.

AFT4.jpg

White center carpet ( above) was Mill treated nylon so I removed it from the final results.
aft pic 2.jpg

A pic from round two of testing. Left pick Polyester, white treated nylon and brown 15 year old un treated nylon ( no mill protection) Bottom half was precleaned with my new formula.

Last edited:

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
Nobody wants to answer the question at the top? No wrong answer just looking for opions.
Thanks.

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
I suck getting rid of that stuff with a solvent, so yeah. I’m interested.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
Thank you for responding. The point of this new ingredient is to make it easier to clean meaning that less chemical or less aggressive chemicals can be used. My goal is to not only make it safer but also easier and less expensive to purchase product. If you can reduce the usage by 25 or 50% in dilution or not have to break out the more aggressive stuff then its an improvement that helps your money and time go further.

Hope others will respond.

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
On an unrelated topic, is there a difference between your Revive-It spotters and just making my own from a gallon of Revive-It? About to make an order and am weighing the differences.

Also, I've used quite a bit of Rocket and like it, but feel like traffic areas could use a higher ph solution. Would Surround along with some Bright All be a bit more powerful on heavy traffic areas than Rocket or is Rocket likely as good?

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
In the pic below, do you guys consider these items difficult to remove especially without the use of a solvent? Markers are permanent inks.
Carpet is a looped untreated nylon. Spills had 24 hours to dry on test carpet.
View attachment 76398 View attachment 76399

The left side was treated with a new ingredient Bonnet Pro is developing and will introduce into OMEGA CITRUS with ProFresh later this year.
The left side precleaned with OMEGA was easier to clean out with just Surround No Rinse and some OMEGA Gum, Grease and Ink. Just hand cleaned not extracted.

There are three test pieces as I'm looking into different formulas. This is a third round of testing.

The new ingredient IS NOT encapsulation or a carpet protector and it will not change my selling price of OMEGA or other products I formulate the new wonder ingredient into.

View attachment 76400

White center carpet ( above) was Mill treated nylon so I removed it from the final results.
View attachment 76405
A pic from round two of testing. Left pick Polyester, white treated nylon and brown 15 year old un treated nylon ( no mill protection) Bottom half was precleaned with my new formula.
Nearly impossible.

Apr 11, 2017
Real Name
Kevin Brown
John I already buy your spotters by the case. When is this new product is going to be avalible?

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
Im still testing to make sure I know what it can do so I can be accurate when I sell it.
I have to redo the OMEGA label and print, this will take 3 to 4 weeks plus product production so I would hope to finish testing and have by May /June

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
If there are spots I can’t get out, I find it’s more simple to offer customer a cut and patch especially with pen ink present. That stuff can smear everywhere with an ink remover. When you apply too much solvents or acetone based products, in my experience it seems to break down most carpet backing which causes fibers to just come right out. Most action back carpet is made of latex and bentonite clay which breaks down fast with some products

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
I agree that the more aggressive chems open the door for liability and problems for the cleaning tech. That is why I'm trying to develop this to help close the window of liability and make the techs life easier. Not everyone offers a bonded insert like you so they have to be able to clean the spot when they cant replace it with an insert.

Apr 11, 2017
Real Name
Kevin Brown
Im still testing to make sure I know what it can do so I can be accurate when I sell it.
I have to redo the OMEGA label and print, this will take 3 to 4 weeks plus product production so I would hope to finish testing and have by May /June
Well let me know if you need help testing. PS. I get compliments from your spotting labela

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
Thanks, I am having some made and would like to get feedback. I will put up a test thread in a few weeks.