Do you build a hi rise or tear one down?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Do you spend time building a high rise or tearing down others? Early in the 90s I was riding with a relative and saw nice Van For Sale. I made a comment that I’m gonna call about it and probably go buy it. However when I called later that day they said they had somebody who’s already interested in it. Come to find out that relative bought it. Then turned around and sold it before I knew about it. He confided in another relative he bought it “because Robs business was getting too big”.

Needless to say that relative is not doing well financially and personally. Now I hold zero animosity towards him and wish him nothing but the best. Sad that that type mentality exists today even with our industry peers. We saw it on display here where a member went after “races” and in the thread we found out from his locals that he makes fake appointments and reviews to slow down the competition. This may work in the short run, but I can assure you it doesn’t in the long run. Why? Because you can’t build your build your hi rise if you’re spending your time tearing down someone else’s.

Reactions: J20770

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
I call a spade a spade like it or not. I'm a realist with lots of experience of life... I spend my money how I want, where I want and when I want now. If a distributor shits on me they don't ever get another chance to do it twice. Believe me there is a pretty good list. I find that life is pretty damn fair but people are not!

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Haters. They obviously do not have interest in their fellow man. Those are the worse kinds of people. It must suck for them to go to bed when all they can think about is how to ruin peoples lively hood.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I dont know, I feel optimistically naivé still as I try to trust people and do the right thing.

I've been burned and betrayed so many times now I finally struck out on my own.

I keep having trouble shaking the depressive feeling I cant truly trust anyone. I dont want to live this way, but the real world feels like shoveling shit against the tide.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My old boss used to say “Rob, there’s only two people in this world I trust, you and me...and I doubt you sometimes.

I used to laugh when he said it but sad to say there is a good measure of truth to it.

Reactions: crash1big

Latest posts