Oct 9, 2019
Dublin
dublin-carpetcleaning.ie
Real Name
Marius
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Hi

I am keeping an eye on my competition. They have over 400 google reviews received in 2 years. I am doing few hundreds jobs per year, very little complains, and in 12 years i have received 5 reviews. How do you get 400 reviews? 90% of my customers don`t even have a google account to review.

I though that people have common senses and they will see that something is not right. But instead i am being asked to explain why such little reviews? I usually ask the customer how many people has he/she reviewed over the past year? Most people say none

Any opinions?

Carpet Cleaning Dublin

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Some companies offer a small discount if the customer will write a review on the spot. Personally I dont have or use reviews, but some others do. I come from a town small enough that word of mouth is the review you want and trust. Times were better before all the Yelp, google, home advisor garbage.

Reactions: mrotto

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
After every job hcp ask the customer for a review for me I’m at 85 4.8 rating so that’s 5 stars customers always say that you have great reviews then I say thank you & hopefully you will be the next

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
After you leave, text every customer asking for a review. In the text include the link that points at your review page. You gotta lead sheep to water...Just the way it is....

You will quickly gain reviews.

No need to cheat and buy reviews...
let your high quality workmanship do the speaking,
Then Ask for a review.

Reactions: Touchpoint Pro

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
so if I may ask, how do you provide the link that they can give a review?

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
House call pro automatically sends a google review link after every kob

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
so if I may ask, how do you provide the link that they can give a review?
Open incognito tab and pull up your business on google.

Click on the maps business page for your company.

I just copy that url and add a Click Here link and ask my customers to scroll down on left to leave a review.

I usually send a Paid In Full copy of the invoice, thank them for their business and ask they'd take a minute to leave a review.

About 30% do.

Carpet-Max

Aug 9, 2012
Real Name
Russ Zinck
People leave business reviews without being prompted when they have received 1 star or 6 star service. Other than that, you have to bug them to leave one or offer a discount for one (against Google's terms of service).