Do door Hangers work?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Do door Hangers work??

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Does anybody have experience advertising with door hangers? I'm just starting my business hear next week, and I thought I would hire my nephew to go around to a couple neighborhoods and hang door fliers for me.
I plan to do some other advertising, but I thought for a couple hundred bucks, this would be a fairly cheap way to get some advertising out there.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
1 maybe 2 jobs per thousand

That number increases with repetition

Reactions: SpotlessMiracle

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Obviously demographics, time of year, and your ad impact the numbers as well...

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
Does anybody have experience advertising with door hangers? I'm just starting my business hear next week, and I thought I would hire my nephew to go around to a couple neighborhoods and hang door fliers for me.
I plan to do some other advertising, but I thought for a couple hundred bucks, this would be a fairly cheap way to get some advertising out there.
They work but need to be consistent. Also need to find a way to make it turn key.

Mar 23, 2012
Surprise Arizona
Real Name
Ty 212
Business Location
United States
Alright, sorry Shane.

I do have a little experience with door hangers/ flyers. Theres a lot more to it than just hanging a flyer. Ill do a quick little breakdown here.

The piece itself:
1. Catchy Headline
2. Supporting Statement
3. Benefits you offer
4. Picture of YOU!
5. Offer of some sort (I know some of these knuckle draggers are gonna say "ah don't do a special" eff that! if you are gonna cast bait don't you think you want something to get them to bite? Do you have any idea how many times PER DAY our clients get pitched on products/services? A SHIT TON!! Why waste your marketing dollars by not giving your bait every opportunity to do what it is supposed to do?

The Delivery:
1. Pick an area you know, look up on USPS site and use the eddm tool to get an idea of the neighborhood. They even breakdown avg income and some demographics
2. Make a plan and track the area, use mapmywalk. or runkeeper or something like that on your smart phone. You will literally be able to see every step.
3. Budget your campaign to where you can hit that same area in another 4-6 weeks. (@shane deubell had a good spreadsheet that showed the frequencies pieces)
4. STAY CONSISTENT

Tracking:
1. Build a little spreadsheet and track the calls in the area. If you want to get really crazy you can track all the addresses and copy and paste those into google maps and it will show a cluster of where they all are on the map. Doesn't do much but kinda shows you how much work you are doing in the area, when you find areas you do more work in there is a good chance people see you more in there and your dollar might be better spent in that area.
2. Ask the clients that do respond what it was about the card that made them call and jot down the little notes from that, you WILL get good feedback and over time you will find what your clients like to see.

Hope that helps and good luck out there.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Alright, sorry Shane.

I do have a little experience with door hangers/ flyers. Theres a lot more to it than just hanging a flyer. Ill do a quick little breakdown here.

The piece itself:
1. Catchy Headline
2. Supporting Statement
3. Benefits you offer
4. Picture of YOU!
5. Offer of some sort (I know some of these knuckle draggers are gonna say "ah don't do a special" eff that! if you are gonna cast bait don't you think you want something to get them to bite? Do you have any idea how many times PER DAY our clients get pitched on products/services? A SHIT TON!! Why waste your marketing dollars by not giving your bait every opportunity to do what it is supposed to do?

The Delivery:
1. Pick an area you know, look up on USPS site and use the eddm tool to get an idea of the neighborhood. They even breakdown avg income and some demographics
2. Make a plan and track the area, use mapmywalk. or runkeeper or something like that on your smart phone. You will literally be able to see every step.
3. Budget your campaign to where you can hit that same area in another 4-6 weeks. (@shane deubell had a good spreadsheet that showed the frequencies pieces)
4. STAY CONSISTENT

Tracking:
1. Build a little spreadsheet and track the calls in the area. If you want to get really crazy you can track all the addresses and copy and paste those into google maps and it will show a cluster of where they all are on the map. Doesn't do much but kinda shows you how much work you are doing in the area, when you find areas you do more work in there is a good chance people see you more in there and your dollar might be better spent in that area.
2. Ask the clients that do respond what it was about the card that made them call and jot down the little notes from that, you WILL get good feedback and over time you will find what your clients like to see.

Nice, i love it!

now go and do it dammit....

Reactions: 212.0

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
The cheapest I could find someone to deliver my flyers was $0.08 a house in decent neighborhoods (longer driveways). 1000 = $80.00. I put out 10000 and got about 15 jobs with an average of $150. The flyers cost me about $450 plus the $800 delivery to earn about $2200 and 15 custies I can count on in the future.

A decent ROI. I'm doing better with ValPak. I'm getting 64000 printed and mailed for just over $1000 and I get about 20 calls each time I do it. The problem with ValPak is it goes to the shady neighborhoods also.

A couple hundred won't make the phone ring, you need thousands!

SpotlessMiracle

May 18, 2015
Real Name
Paul Phillips
Alright, sorry Shane.

The piece itself:
1. Catchy Headline
2. Supporting Statement
3. Benefits you offer
4. Picture of YOU!

The Delivery:
4. STAY CONSISTENT

Tracking:

I track it easily with my house call pro. I love it

Reactions: alexus

Voxbrethren

Jul 5, 2015
El Paso
Real Name
Charlie perez
Business Location
United States
Take the time and knock on the door and meet the homeowner. Give them a free spotter and do a free inspection. Talk to 15 new people a day.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
The cheapest I could find someone to deliver my flyers was $0.08 a house in decent neighborhoods (longer driveways). 1000 = $80.00. I put out 10000 and got about 15 jobs with an average of $150. The flyers cost me about $450 plus the $800 delivery to earn about $2200 and 15 custies I can count on in the future.

A decent ROI. I'm doing better with ValPak. I'm getting 64000 printed and mailed for just over $1000 and I get about 20 calls each time I do it. The problem with ValPak is it goes to the shady neighborhoods also.

A couple hundred won't make the phone ring, you need thousands!
So you hanging on to valpak still?

Jan 10, 2014
new orleans
www.dgcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Grozdan Doychev
Business Location
United States
The door hangers of flyers don't have good ROI. They will still get you some business but the return of the investment won't be that great. There are some better advertising methods that will have better return of your investment. I would suggest leave it for later on when you have squeezed every other method of advertising with better ROI as google adwords, SEO, talk to businesses and est. I've personally have tried flyers didn't work well at all. Good luck!

Mar 23, 2012
Surprise Arizona
Real Name
Ty 212
Business Location
United States
OHHHHH he does!

He did forget the step where you steal all your competitors doorhangers as well...

Lol gods honest truth I wrote Ps if you see a lot of other cleaners cards go find another spot cause they will pull yours. Then I deleted that part! Lol