Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Back in the day it was mandatory for my techs and I to do a 5 around at every job. We got mixed results and the results went up when I actually went and knocked each door. People were friendly for the most part. But times have changed. Do you think 5 arounds still work?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah it's not the same world anymore. People don't want you disturbing them. I've pondered about door hangers as well but people get so militant nowadays especially with COVID I think its dead for now. I'd rather have my truck nicely wrapped and displaying for all the neighbors to see.

Reactions: ACP and Luky

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
If you’re going to knock and introduce yourself without selling, then the possibility is there and dependant on your charm/personality.

@rob allen you having door knocking experience - Kirby none the less, and all the rest...you’re in another league mate haha

Flyers/leaflets/cards 10up10down even aren’t worth the effort!

I can buy $30 worth of chocolate biscuits from the supermarket and get more leads/referrals-thousands of dollars of work. With minimal effort and no sales pitching or ear bending....

Flyers/letterbox drops, can drop thousands and be lucky to get 1 or 2 jobs!

Reactions: Luky

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
if your just starting out, Id say you really cant loose. most people know their neighbors and will ask them if they were happy.

Id do it

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I haven't done it, but I have few good clients that do it for me , leisurely sitting on front porch and taking orders for the same day as I'm working in their house. The way it's done, they'll gather contact info of the people who are willing to get their carpet clean momentarily and live in radius of 5 miles. I have a white van, so potential customers have to get my card, or promotional items( stylus pens) to get to know me . Usually , after checking my credentials online, their convinced that I'm their guy
and it's easy from that point on . Lately, I've had problem with Google algorithm bringing me 10 costumers weekly from neighboring states (it is a nice problem to have) especially if I can get 2-3 jobs from the same area. Since I have no intentions to do more than 2 jobs a day, I'm turning them away with a calm explanation on how to get service provider operating closer to their area. I know few guys from SS and Blue crew( bunch of them actually) 5 around or better yet accelerated 10 around is their daily bread, and they cover between 30-40 homes with postcard size pamphlets.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Not right now during the current situation. I've done them in the past but in most cases just the neighbors seeing the big wrapped truck doing the house down the street is more than enough.

I feel bad when there's a junky white van guy doing a house near us at the same time. Business is business I guess but man I feel embarrassed for him.

One time a neighbor came over right when white van guy with old poopy brownish/orange vac hose finished their house... couple permanent stains didn't come out,

I checked it out and they were definitely not going to budge and overall the cleaning looked pretty okay to me but nonetheless we stole his customer that easily, wasn't even trying to either.

The importance of branding....