Diy Waste Tank

Scottie X

Jun 2, 2018
Real Name
Scott Fox
Stick to machines with a cabinet under them. Try and stay away from ones that mould tanks around the components. They are harder to retrofit or modify down the road. That one Jim has is good example. Components have their own cabinet.
Okay, this is the one im talking about. It looks like it has the cabinet under the tanks unless I'm not understanding it right. What's your opinion?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=202192503805

Scottie X

Jun 2, 2018
Real Name
Scott Fox
Stick to machines with a cabinet under them. Try and stay away from ones that mould tanks around the components. They are harder to retrofit or modify down the road. That one Jim has is good example. Components have their own cabinet.
Here's the one im looking at. What's your opinion on being able to modify? It looks like theres a cabinet under the tanks but ive never seen one of these in person. Heres the link to look if you wouldnt mind. I can get it for 5. It wont let me upload pics for some reason. Thanks

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=202192503805

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Floorcare md made his own using a sump pump basin from homedepot. It was the heavier one. He used 2 8.4's. He needed it to clean entrances to stores I think. The lid I remember he had to reinforce. He also used a sump pump.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
You'll get a kick out of this one. One vac started to cave it. The second flattened it. I tried to finish it off but the steel ripped. So thats as far it got.
IMG-5815.JPG

Reactions: Scottie X

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Excellent advice from you and Jim D .
Limited funds resort to Craigslist and put up some links .
Most of the older machines can be modified to give great performance with newer Vac motors and pumps . Reasonable too .
When’s you buy something from “ Crazylist “ you’re buying a shell to build something better so the price matches the situation.
“ Bootstrapping “ is what quite a few of us have done to get a business going and learned along the way . Lots of help here brother , ask away !!
All the Best , Ed

Scottie X

Jun 2, 2018
Real Name
Scott Fox
Excellent advice from you and Jim D .
Limited funds resort to Craigslist and put up some links .
Most of the older machines can be modified to give great performance with newer Vac motors and pumps . Reasonable too .
When’s you buy something from “ Crazylist “ you’re buying a shell to build something better so the price matches the situation.
“ Bootstrapping “ is what quite a few of us have done to get a business going and learned along the way . Lots of help here brother , ask away !!
All the Best , Ed
I really appreciate it guys. It's gonna be a fun one.

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Steel fuel transfer tanks at the farm and ranch supply store are only like $300.also Not sure what a new waste tank costs but I might be cheaper than spend hours upon hours building your own.

Scottie X

Jun 2, 2018
Real Name
Scott Fox
Steel fuel transfer tanks at the farm and ranch supply store are only like $300.also Not sure what a new waste tank costs but I might be cheaper than spend hours upon hours building your own.
That's not a bad price for a 100 gallon really. Thanks.