Disinfectant , what do you use?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I've been looking for a Ready to Dispense disinfectant that is low on the hazard scale and relatively inexpensive. I have been coming up short in my search :(

So what does everyone here use and can recommend that might fit what I'm looking for?

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Well i use Microban clean carpet sanitizer, maybe your looking for a more economical solution.
I'm not sure if you were looking for an over all disinfectant or carpet & fabric sanitizer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TMF Forums mobile app

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
It is not ready to us, but we really like Siminoz CQ-27. Good price, cleans well and smells different. We do like the smell.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I've been using 118 by Envirox for years. I dilute it for my glass cleaner too. One product for the entire bathroom. They make a floor cleaner too, called Floors. Too expensive for what it does imo.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Well i use Microban clean carpet sanitizer, maybe your looking for a more economical solution.
I'm not sure if you were looking for an over all disinfectant or carpet & fabric sanitizer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TMF Forums mobile app
Yes, sorry disinfectant mainly for bathrooms.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Best for the price I know of is ODO-BAN..HD or Lowes...under 12$ gl and highly dilutable!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Not sure about as a cleaner..Disinfectant for sure Google Odo-Ban. Would link for you but dont know how!

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Not sure about as a cleaner..Disinfectant for sure Google Odo-Ban. Would link for you but dont know how!
Looking through them now, there's a lot! Actually, they have a ton of MSDS sheets to sort out. We use their neutral floor cleaner and love it. Takes black scuff marks off the floor in a breeze and works great in the winter on all the salts that come in.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I'll have to try the Neutral Cleaner for our VCT. Where did you find?
I saw that on the HD site, while looking at the deodorizer stuff. $6.50 or so/gal.
Not bad price. I have been using the neutral cleaner that Sam's Club sells. Todd turned me on to it. So far so good. It's about $4.50/gal. But it's not a disinfectant.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Damn that stuff looks great. I've been looking for some based on hydrogen peroxide but they are usually $$$ and you can't dilute them. That stuff you linked to if my math is correct makes about 51 quarts and is only a 1 on the health scale!
I don't use it on the floors. You can. But I don't. Too expensive imo. 1oz/gal. The gal runs about 34 or 44 bucks. I haven't bought it in a while. While the neutral floor cleaner I use is about $4.50/gal. I just can't rationalize why paying that much more for floor cleaner. My thinking, you don't eat off the floor, you just walk on it. Ya I know, hack. o_O

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I'll have to try the Neutral Cleaner for our VCT. Where did you find?
Not sure if it's the same one Gasonline is talking about but this is the one we use:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202728...toreId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=202728479#.UmbgBO3D9bF

It's about $8.50 a gallon. They had in the store once, but they stopped carrying so had to resort to online ordering. It does give the floors some traction for sure, some mistake it to being sticky from a juice spill if you use too much.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I don't use it on the floors. You can. But I don't. Too expensive imo. 1oz/gal. The gal runs about 34 or 44 bucks. I haven't bought it in a while. While the neutral floor cleaner I use is about $4.50/gal. I just can't rationalize why paying that much more for floor cleaner. My thinking, you don't eat off the floor, you just walk on it. Ya I know, hack. o_O
I agree, as along as the floor is getting cleaned. Some of the really cheap floor cleaners end up making the floor dirty though.

The one from Sam's club, how does it work on rock salts/calcium/snow melt everyone loves to use in the winter? The Odoban we use seems to help out a lot with neutralizing the white deposits.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I agree, as along as the floor is getting cleaned. Some of the really cheap floor cleaners end up making the floor dirty though.

The one from Sam's club, how does it work on rock salts/calcium/snow melt everyone loves to use in the winter? The Odoban we use seems to help out a lot with neutralizing the white deposits.
I am not sure about that, just started using it. Good to know that odoban takes care of it. I'll have try it.

Apr 15, 2009
Corpus Christi
Real Name
Ryan
Business Location
United States
For serious stuff like around toilets or bathroom walls in bars and pool halls microban is the way to go but as a RTU or additive for mopping or table wiping I agree that Odoban does a heck of a job.

We use it on all kinds of things and I don't worry about getting it on my clothes or hands.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Ryan..what is the basic difference between the Microban and Odoban? I have used Odo Ban for years for disinfect..mold mildew etc.And it is DIRT cheap with it's dilution rates..never had a problem (that I am aware of!)