Dirty grout tool | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Dirty grout tool

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I can't tell what exactly the head is. Almost looked like something solid, as not a brush type tool.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
looks like hes just sanding off top layer.

why not just clean it properly?

i have no issues with cleaning tile and grout. unless it has a stupid topical

Reactions: Robert86

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips

Kind of what I thought he was doing too, just sanding off a layer of grout.

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase

It might come in handy in tight spots and small bathrooms. Why break out the spinner in small areas if you can do this and clean the tile by hand. It can be a good grout prep for colorseal too. That's only if it works like the video. Ill have it in a few days and will test it on a dirty bathroom floor i have to do.

Reactions: Allied

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
It might come in handy in tight spots and small bathrooms. Why break out the spinner in small areas if you can do this and clean the tile by hand. It can be a good grout prep for colorseal too. That's only if it works like the video. Ill have it in a few days and will test it on a dirty bathroom floor i have to do.
floors would still get pretty dusty imo

i’ve done lots of grout repair and grouting it generates a lot of dust.

GM and brush work in tight areas very well. i dont use a TM and have no issues just my two cents

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
The sound that thing makes is terrifying. And the amount of grout dust piling up as he goes concerns me greatly. This isn't something I'd use except in the most dire situations where replacement is the only other option.

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
That looks like it may be similar to the Groom Industries stainless steel grout brush. The SS grout brush is nice when really needed, but it can scratch the edges of some tile. Keep it in the grout line. I use it along with cleaning, not as a stand-alone solution.

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AB113
I was thinking that it will come in handy for heavily soiled grout where its hard to get my spinner. Im sure you need to be careful of the amount of pressure you apply depending it you're removing grout for replacement or just a lite pre clean.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I had not seen that SS brush in my life. I use wire brushes from HD to spot clean and only in rare occasions. If I were to choose between the two tools I would go with the brush.

someone else also brought up a good point. Not all the grout lines are the same size. the scraper looking thing will not fit on some, on others it will be to thin. the brush on the other hand, will fit on most I would think and one will only have to be careful not to press too hard so damage to the tile edges occurs.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Not many in favor of this handy not so dandy tool. How about using it to quickly show customer how dirty thier grout really is?

The wheels are in motion and its on the way to my door stop. I need to put it to work in some way. Lol

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Not many in favor of this handy not so dandy tool. How about using it to quickly show customer how dirty thier grout really is?

The wheels are in motion and its on the way to my door stop. I need to put it to work in some way. Lol
Possibly but if there is heavy soil buildup on the surface of the grout it won't have the same effect. Also, this is going to show them what the grout might look like with a layer ground off the surface, not cleaned. This could be two different things, appearance wise. I would also worry that the impression the homeowner gets is that you will be grinding the grout down to reveal a cleaner surface instead of cleaning.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I do see this maybe being useful in cases where there are surface blemishes on the grout that you want to remove but don't want to use acid.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
This is the grout brush I use for hand work

And this is the grout tool that literally fits in your pocket two types of blades and works any grout width and depths. Used both countless times.

1A6189CA-683F-4965-A408-2C5061AC0C93.jpeg
E7241876-BA97-439D-B58C-3DA90599A974.jpeg
I do see this maybe being useful in cases where there are surface blemishes on the grout that you want to remove but don't want to use acid.