Different ways techs rip off employers | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Different ways techs rip off employers

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Employee theft costs US companies 42 billion a year! That's stupid and sad at the same time. We work our brains out to build a great company while some employees just rob us blind. Good idea to identify the different ways that employees rip off employers. Here's my first contribution.

My wife monitors the finances very closely. She noticed one gas fill up for double the amount. She checked the card and called for the video where we get gas. The tech was on film filling his truck up then immediately his girlfriend pulls up and he fills his car.

Err...that's just one reason I'll share at the moment. There are tons ways employees rip off employers. How about you?

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1447861900.908625.jpg

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Upselling protector or spot removal and not reporting it if paid in cash

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Outright theft , no excuses for that one .
Trump his ass ... Your Fired

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
Employee theft costs US companies 42 billion a year! That's stupid and sad at the same time. We work our brains out to build a great company while some employees just rob us blind. Good idea to identify the different ways that employees rip off employers. Here's my first contribution.

My wife monitors the finances very closely. She noticed one gas fill up for double the amount. She checked the card and called for the video where we get gas. The tech was on film filling his truck up then immediately his girlfriend pulls up and he fills his car.

Err...that's just one reason I'll share at the moment. There are tons ways employees rip off employers. How about you?

View attachment 56120
That sucks! So what year camaro does he drive

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
This happened to a buddy of mine. He was cleaning a liquor store for a long time client and his tech swiped two packs of smokes off of the display at the counter.

The store manager called him out and said i think theres two packs missing and your guy took them. My buddy asked his emoloyee and he swore up and down he didnt so he backed his guy.

A week later a vhs tape shows up with security footage showing his guy stealing smokes along with the check for payment. He showed his tech and guy says F this i quit.

My buddy goes to the store, pays for both packs of cigs, returns the check says no charge for cleaning, this guy doesnt work for me anymore and apologizes

Store owner says thanks and oh btw i wont be using you again bc you thought i was lying. So lost his enployee, lost the payment for the job and lost the client

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This happened to a buddy of mine. He was cleaning a liquor store for a long time client and his tech swiped two packs of smokes off of the display at the counter.

The store manager called him out and said i think theres two packs missing and your guy took them. My buddy asked his emoloyee and he swore up and down he didnt so he backed his guy.

A week later a vhs tape shows up with security footage showing his guy stealing smokes along with the check for payment. He showed his tech and guy says F this i quit.

My buddy goes to the store, pays for both packs of cigs, returns the check says no charge for cleaning, this guy doesnt work for me anymore and apologizes

Store owner says thanks and oh btw i wont be using you again bc you thought i was lying. So lost his enployee, lost the payment for the job and lost the client
Dayuuum

Reactions: gr4474

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States

Sometimes you just can't win for doing right.

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
I've got a million of these stories. I ran a multi truck branch. Gas card abuse, theft from customers, theft from office/warehouse were regular occurrences. Not to mention the techs moonlighting with company equipment and chemicals. I see that as theft, with a liability kicker.

It seemed to me a tech that made more money would have more to lose, I was wrong.

I had a lead tech ($16/hr in 2002) steal a stereo from a Best Buy. We were stripping that red roppe rubber flooring. It had 100 coats of wax on it. We charged them through the nose, and we're going to get several other stores. But after it was discovered(on video) that he stole it, we lost the jobs and the profit on those jobs.

It's one of the biggest reasons I'm solo today. Too many times I had to look at a customer and apologize for the shenanigans that took place the night before.

I've had no shenanigans in 10yrs.

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
Any company that employs someone full time, but fails to pay them a living wage deserves to get ripped off in my opinion.
That's bullshit. If they don't want the work and don't agree to the wage, they shouldn't take the job. Who's to say what a "living wage" is anyway.

I think any employee that steals deserves to be driven out into the woods and have their throat cut. Just my opinion.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Found out about 4 years after the fact that one of my highest paid techs back in the day use to have my competition pull their trucks into my shop and load my equipment up selling it for cash...never found out wich competitor it was. That particular employee not only was one of my highest paid he was also furnished a 1 bedroom apt and a company vehicle...doesn't matter what you pay em a thief is gonna be a thief no matter what their making

LFC

Premium VIP
Oct 8, 2009
England
www.kleenrightuk.co.uk
Real Name
Mike McNally
Business Location
United Kingdom
That's bullshit. If they don't want the work and don't agree to the wage, they shouldn't take the job. Who's to say what a "living wage" is anyway.

I think any employee that steals deserves to be driven out into the woods and have their throat cut. Just my opinion.
If an employee has to have his wages made up by the taxpayer,then he's not being paid enough. Might be a shock to you, but there are a lot of people desperate for work, and greedy wankers are looking to exploit them.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Also found out after the fact I had an employee that used to drive about 30 miles to work every day in the whole two years he worked for me he never bought a tank of gas he put it on my account.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Damn dude yall got raped... Sounds like a bad judge of character.

Reactions: Jpais

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Any company that employs someone full time, but fails to pay them a living wage deserves to get ripped off in my opinion.
I disagree. Here is my 2nd one I'll share;

"I had a tech who I paid 1000-1500 week. Suspected him taking items but couldn't prove it. Little things starting missing. Then I got wind he was possibly drinking while on work time. He denied it vehemently but I sensed something wrong as I caught him leaving the doors o\f vans open and both engines running non-stop while truckmount running.

I only had one tech do that in the past and he was a drug addict. I put a vdeo camera in the truck. The next day he went to his 1st job, then straight to the liquor store got shot bottles. He drank several while driving while throwing out the empties out the window. I asked him when he came back and he still denied it. Upon presenting the video he became upset and still denied it cursing and left saying he quits. And that our company is horrible, even going posting bad reviews on Facebook. Go figure!"

Moral of the story, money doesn't determine character. It may add to the stealing but stealing is a straight up character flaw!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Thats a bit harsh. Chop off a finger each time that will get the point across.