Diesel Truck / Gas Carpet Cleaner who has accomplished this?

warilas

Jan 29, 2018
Real Name
Matt warila
We have a new ford diesel truck that can hold up to 5800 lbs in it. Diesel carpet clears are discontinued so we need
to install our prochem Everest gas carpet cleaner in it. Many shops wont take the task or responsibility of mounting
an extra fuel tank under the truck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or has done this already?

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Get a fuel cell to put next to the machine. Of course not right next to the exhaust.

Reactions: warilas

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
If its just for the TM I can't imagine you need a very big tank. There has to be all kinds of mounting options for it. What size tank are you putting in?

AndyT

Aug 8, 2012
Michigan
Real Name
Andrew Thornberg
I have an Ford E350 diesel with an 870. Had a tank made and mounted behind the rear axle between the rails. Show some pictures of your truck.

manbearpig

Mar 17, 2017
Real Name
Mike Pollock
I had a 25 gallon tank made for my Everest in a diesel ford transit. Whole thing cost about $1000 and was done quick and easy. It was mounted under the back of the van. Interlink wouldn’t do an installation with a fuel cell inside the van

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
we have a 50 gallon propane belly tank mounted under our box on the drivers side, 2006 Chevy W3500 (Isuzu NPR)

You could easily mount a belly gas tank

warilas

Jan 29, 2018
Real Name
Matt warila
Get a fuel cell to put next to the machine. Of course not right next to the exhaust.
Really don't want it in the truck. A bit limited on space. We weren't sure if it was legal
to install one under the truck if there is room.

warilas

Jan 29, 2018
Real Name
Matt warila
I have an Ford E350 diesel with an 870. Had a tank made and mounted behind the rear axle between the rails. Show some pictures of your truck.
We are not sure if it is legal here in Mass.. Have called quite a few places and no one will
touch it. Liability they all say.

AndyT

Aug 8, 2012
Michigan
Real Name
Andrew Thornberg
They are right, there is a liability with anything you do. The question is are you or they willing to take that risk. You might want to check into the laws themselves. If their is a law against it in Mass. and you put one on and somebody was to get killed it could be negligent homicide. So yes tremendous liability.

warilas

Jan 29, 2018
Real Name
Matt warila
They are right, there is a liability with anything you do. The question is are you or they willing to take that risk. You might want to check into the laws themselves. If their is a law against it in Mass. and you put one on and somebody was to get killed it could be negligent homicide. So yes tremendous liability.
WE have been trying to contact DOT but they all just give us the run around. No one seems to no the laws in Mass. Talked to eight different people and they just keep referring us to someone else and have no answers.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
WE have been trying to contact DOT but they all just give us the run around. No one seems to no the laws in Mass. Talked to eight different people and they just keep referring us to someone else and have no answers.
Guess dot in your state is the same in mine ask 10 different dot officers the same question usually you will get 10 completely different answers i think its a requirement to be a dot officer that their completely clueless with the laws their trying to enforce . Lots of vans or trucks come with duel fuel tanks from the factory i wouldnt think there would be a law preventing you from doing this, hell alot of contractors and farmers have diesel tanks mounted in the bed of their trucks for fueling farm equipment and equipment.
Have you maybe asked a dealer about adding a second tank? Cant see that being a hard thing to do for them.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I can however see there being a law that would keep johny redneck from mounting a fuel cell to his rear bumper. I would call a dealer and ask them about adding a secondary fuel tank

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Or call a large landscaping operation, they mount fuel tanks under their box trucks for refueling mowers

Reactions: smart n kleen

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Just a thought, but TCS makes a great diesel truckmount. That's if you do decide on a diesel truckmount.

waxman

Jun 23, 2008
Long Island
Real Name
Vincenzo
Business Location
United States
Try calling a handicap conversion company, they move fuel tanks to mount ramps all the time.

warilas

Jan 29, 2018
Real Name
Matt warila
Thank you for replying. We have finally resolved this or at least we hope we have.
Fingers crossed.