Did my First polishing Marble counter top today.

Vito

Bravo Carpet and Tile Cleaning
Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
I did it, came out great. it was at my own house, it is brown marble countertop in the mast bath, it was real bad. I used stone scrub with a fiber pad to remove the soap, then I put on a diamond pad very fine than I used a polish compound that I bought at a supply place, then I used a stone sealer and color enhancer, then I wax it with car polish. look like brand new. did I do it right. John G. I known you do a lot of that stuff, would love to hear you opinion.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I did it, came out great. it was at my own house, it is brown marble countertop in the mast bath, it was real bad. I used stone scrub with a fiber pad to remove the soap, then I put on a diamond pad very fine than I used a polish compound that I bought at a supply place, then I used a stone sealer and color enhancer, then I wax it with car polish. look like brand new. did I do it right. John G. I known you do a lot of that stuff, would love to hear you opinion.
Pictures?

AZStoneguy

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Brady Wright
You started out correctly. Removing the soap scum. But then you should have stated with either 220 or 400 grit diamond resins and gone through 1800. Then hit it with polish powder. For marble counter tops the impregnated pads will work well also, a little more user friendly. You just need to be careful of orange peel effect in the higher grits. This would have given you a perfect polish with out the need for wax, which will need to be stripped at some point.

Vito

Bravo Carpet and Tile Cleaning
Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
You started out correctly. Removing the soap scum. But then you should have stated with either 220 or 400 grit diamond resins and gone through 1800. Then hit it with polish powder. For marble counter tops the impregnated pads will work well also, a little more user friendly. You just need to be careful of orange peel effect in the higher grits. This would have given you a perfect polish with out the need for wax, which will need to be stripped at some point.
I went with very fine diamond fiber pads you think I should of went down more.

Last edited: