Did I make a mistake? Lol

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
New member here. I confess I don’t know anything, zero, zilch about carpet cleaning or carpet cleaning machines so what did I do, I bought a truck mount.
Good thinking huh! Lol.
It’s s an ‘05 Chevy express 3500 with 114k and a cds 4.8 overdrive with the salsa with 2000hrs.
Been in a light accident but only cosmetic and I have it back together. Runs and drives fine. Came with a wand , electric reel, Prochem upholstery handle, all the hoses/lines , corner guards and about 20 -1 gal containers of assorted chemicals.
I haven’t tried turning on the unit on as I been watching YouTube videos on how to .
I would like to possibly learn to how to clean carpets for just Saturday jobs with my son ( I have a full time job which I’m not leaving).
My question is, am I in over my head and should I just sell it , or go for it. What is it worth if everything works?
I payed next to nothing for it so that’s why I’m thinking about just Saturday work to try it.
Thanks and what are your thoughts?
bro
i dont know what everyone else thianks???
but if that is a hydramaster and it runs...and you paid$$$????

you may have got the deal of the century on that tm....
as stated if you cant get those HX fixed ata a low$$$$
\just get a kero heater....easy to hook up and you got plenty of room....

the CDS is a real small footprint and should be easy to operate........

as a note it costs 3k to install one of those CDS........
so you are miles down the road on the $$$$....

Ultra359

Jun 27, 2019
Real Name
S. Hatfield
Got the salsa HE repaired by brazing , holds pressure. Took it apart and it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in quite awhile. After about 1 1/2hr it’s looking pretty good. The main H.E didn’t want to take the braze, not sure if I couldn’t get it hot enough but I got it to seal and held pressure but I’m not sure how much these units get pressured
Yes, I’m in s.e Michigan . Thanks I’ll give them a call .

Ultra359

Jun 27, 2019
Real Name
S. Hatfield
I really do appreciate everyone’s help and info. I’m just getting my feet wet and I’ll be honest I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it yet. Definitely a time and $$$ commitment to get it going the right way. Like I said I have a full time job and work 65 hrs week so not a lot of free time. My son is 17 so he isn’t really ready to take this on by himself. That’s why I just thinking of sat only for now.
I haven’t mentioned a price because I don’t want to be like “ look at me , pat me on the back”!

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Got the salsa HE repaired by brazing , holds pressure. Took it apart and it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in quite awhile. After about 1 1/2hr it’s looking pretty good. The main H.E didn’t want to take the braze, not sure if I couldn’t get it hot enough but I got it to seal and held pressure but I’m not sure how much these units get pressured
Yes, I’m in s.e Michigan . Thanks I’ll give them a call .
I'm also in S.E. Michigan just north of Toledo !
Our winters can wreck havoc on a TM that wasn't kept in heated garage . You can heat inside the van with a portable heater but will cost $$$$.
If your machine has been in storage there's a slight chance damage could have occurred. With all that rust it wasn't maintained very well.
I would definitely have Nutech go over it for you before investing much more into. My 2cts.