did a video I posted go bye bye | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

did a video I posted go bye bye

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Interesting, but to my eyes the video didn't really say much except, "Use Legend Brands because we are less profitable therefore higher quality"

It would be interesting to see more factual evidence instead of simply making insinuations that other competitors like Rob are only in it for the money...

Reactions: J20770

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
I didn't see anything of substance in the video other than 24/7 tech support and complete labeling. I have noticed a few companies lacking SDS sheets for products and when asked they say it's coming but it never appears. Isn't it a federal law that everything have an SDS sheet?

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
We really like Legend Brands products but this video is not good marketing IMO.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I like Prochem products and they tend to e very popular with my guys because they're consistent, they perform well, and they are widely available.

That being said, I am NOT a fan of negative advertising.

Anything that tries to make itself look good by putting everyone else in a bad light (like ZeroRez) immediately makes me think "if your product is so wonderful, why do you have to talk poorly about other products? what are you compensating for here?"

It makes me feel negatively toward that product from the get-go, which is the exact opposite of their intentions.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well it's simply bad decision-making by whoever approved this video.

"The main driver is PROFIT"

Well duh...that's BUSINESS. Then they listed example products of EVERY major competitor.

If anything Rob should be flattered his products showed up at the very front of their imaging.

I think of it like this - I don't personally know Rob, the chemistry etc to make any kind of "judgment". At this point I buy his products because through my own personal testing I find it to be more superior at this point. He is more expensive, but just like I am more expensive with my customers, I also believe I do a better job so I can relate to HIS story better than I can Legends story.

Anybody can "spin" things as well.

My new Apex 570 truckmount upon inspection I discovered a coil pack wire rubbing on a metal bracket. So what, I zip tied it away from the metal bracket, otherwise I'm sure it was going to cut through and short it out in a year or two.

Should I now CONDEMN Legend Brands for this?

Bigger issue is, my heat control isn't working properly, in the Off/Low positions it produces 220 degree heat. I don't see a regulator valve and I can't find the diverter. So I will have to bring it to Jon Don (who couldn't identify it either on the phone because the machine is so new)

Again - do I condemn Legend Brands for this?

Personally no, I feel it's a great machine, just needs a few little tweaks and it will be golden. Same with these chemical companies.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Well it's simply bad decision-making by whoever approved this video.

"The main driver is PROFIT"

Well duh...that's BUSINESS. Then they listed example products of EVERY major competitor.

If anything Rob should be flattered his products showed up at the very front of their imaging.

I think of it like this - I don't personally know Rob, the chemistry etc to make any kind of "judgment". At this point I buy his products because through my own personal testing I find it to be more superior at this point. He is more expensive, but just like I am more expensive with my customers, I also believe I do a better job so I can relate to HIS story better than I can Legends story.

Anybody can "spin" things as well.

My new Apex 570 truckmount upon inspection I discovered a coil pack wire rubbing on a metal bracket. So what, I zip tied it away from the metal bracket, otherwise I'm sure it was going to cut through and short it out in a year or two.

Should I now CONDEMN Legend Brands for this?

Bigger issue is, my heat control isn't working properly, in the Off/Low positions it produces 220 degree heat. I don't see a regulator valve and I can't find the diverter. So I will have to bring it to Jon Don (who couldn't identify it either on the phone because the machine is so new)

Again - do I condemn Legend Brands for this?

Personally no, I feel it's a great machine, just needs a few little tweaks and it will be golden. Same with these chemical companies.
I, too, am wondering when profit became a dirty word. Isn't the whole point of being a business to make money?

Doesn't profit mean being able to support your family and have the lifestyle you want? Don't we all, at the end of the day, want to be paid for our efforts?

If their claim is that the profit margin is too high, then I'd suggest they look at grocery stores and hardware stores to learn about loss leaders and margin recapture items. Consumables have always been used to make up for lost margin on big-ticket or 'permanent' items.

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
I got away from legend brands 10 years ago, UPE is the only thing they have done different since Joe D. was the lab coat guy...
I don't think I've ever used any of their products.....lemme go look.....Nope, just Bridgepoint, TMF and various other assorted ingredients, chemicals and sundries but no Legend Brands. I'll make damn sure I don't use them either.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Well time to do a side by side cleaning with different chems in a face off. Pick a dirty traffic lane and pre-spray each half, same dwell time, same agitation, same rinse. Have both videos play side by side and see what looks better. Dont even need to say anything it. See if their Chems are really that superior :p

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Go one step further Beau, do a scientific LABORATORY testing, measure every conceivable aspect of the dirty water and analyze the fiber after the cleaning.

Of course, no one will ever truly do this testing.

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
Well time to do a side by side cleaning with different chems in a face off. Pick a dirty traffic lane and pre-spray each half, same dwell time, same agitation, same rinse. Have both videos play side by side and see what looks better. Dont even need to say anything it. See if their Chems are really that superior :p
Even that's not good enough of me. If someone, anyone (company) wants to go around throwing stones they need proof to back it up. I want to see the chemical analysis for each product. I'm sure it's been done, we're just not privy to that info. That alone will tell you what is better and has more value. Until we see it, I guess we will have to settle on the side by side comparison.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Go one step further Beau, do a scientific LABORATORY testing, measure every conceivable aspect of the dirty water and analyze the fiber after the cleaning.

Of course, no one will ever truly do this testing.

Honestly id just care about how it looks and feels after the fact, no need to go too crazy. I dont think Customers really care about lab tests at the end of the day on how the dirty water is. Just results, and we could show that in a side by side video.

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
Customers don't, but we should to an extent. All the customer wants are clean carpets/floors/furniture.

From a cleaners point of view on chems, we want the most bang for the buck. The customer wants the best job for the least amount of money. Investigating the chems we buy should be of importance not only so that we get the best price and return but also so that we can honestly tell our customers what is in the chemicals, should they ask.

The easiest way I know to explain this is with laundry detergent. The two best detergents are Tide and Persil. The worst is Xtra which is mostly water. You have to use 5 or 6 cap fulls of the cheap stuff to equal 4 tablespoons of cleaning power in Tide. Where is the savings? Don't buy the cheap watered down crap. Everyone can check out Consumer Reports for that stuff, CCs don't have such a publication so we have to take the manufacturers word for it, then try it side by side over an extended period of time.