Diamonds or crystalizer

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Looking for advice/opinions on this floor. 700sqft of mixed Terrazo. A lot of scratches & its pretty dull. Its mopped everyday with just water. Its in a lobby area so it gets a good bit of traffic, not a hotel with tons of traffic but still gets quite a bit. Depending on how well it goes it may or may not be replaced in the 1st quarter of 2016. They're updating the whole building (carpets/paint) in 2015...but haven't decided on the lobby because the design of the Terrazo matches the buildings name & the exterior of the building.

I'm meeting with the building engineer Monday to discuss the options. I was thinking of pricing a one time full diamond refinish & monthly or weekly Crystalizer. Personally I would like to do the full refinish but I'm sure it'll come down to budget...but a weekly or monthly Crystalizer could wind up costing just as much over the next year.

What would you guys suggest on method, price, & maintenance?? I'm also unsure of how long it would look good with both methods. Will the full refinish stay nice & shiny for a year+? And how often would Crystalizer need to be done to maintain?

Thanks for the help.

@Pinosan @Blacktiedetailing @Todd the Cleaner @Stone Pro
@john feeding @Presidential Cleaning

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Pics may help...

Attachments

• 1408207102783.jpg
    1408207102783.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 153
  • 1408207124010.jpg
    1408207124010.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 1408207150030.jpg
    1408207150030.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 1408207179038.jpg
    1408207179038.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 1408207201555.jpg
    1408207201555.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 127
  • 1408207234641.jpg
    1408207234641.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 125

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
what do they wanna do?
that floor is beyond crystalizer.
if scratches are a concern, diamonds
if they only want to make it better, I would with diamond pads. Kinda don't make sense cuz the scratches will not let the floor shine as good as it should but at least the very fine ones that are preventing the floor to pop will be removed and you will have a significant improvement but once you that far, might as well the whole enchilada.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
what do they wanna do?
that floor is beyond crystalizer.
if scratches are a concern, diamonds
if they only want to make it better, I would with diamond pads. Kinda don't make sense cuz the scratches will not let the floor shine as good as it should but at least the very fine ones that are preventing the floor to pop will be removed and you will have a significant improvement but once you that far, might as well the whole enchilada.
Would d.I.p. pads work on this or would I need to go with diamond resins?

Have no idea how to price it...would $1 per grit per sqft cover it? Sorry for the new questions Martin

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Yeap pretty much is the "going rate" pads will do a good job on it. you will probably have to go all the way up to 11k spinergy pad. some dark stones need that to pop.

diamond resins are the best for by far but you need to be more experienced using them. Pads, will do a faster job and those are dummy proof. I'm more inclined now to use diamonds on the "restoration steps" and pads on the polishing steps".

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Yeap pretty much is the "going rate" pads will do a good job on it. you will probably have to go all the way up to 11k spinergy pad. some dark stones need that to pop.

diamond resins are the best for by far but you need to be more experienced using them. Pads, will do a faster job and those are dummy proof. I'm more inclined now to use diamonds on the "restoration steps" and pads on the polishing steps".
Sent you a PM

Thanks buddy

Reactions: Pinosan

Ted McFadden

Apr 10, 2009
www.sureshinecares.com
Real Name
Ted McFadden
Business Location
United States
You have a combination of Agglomerate tile and granite. You can diamond sand the agglomerate to 1800 and powder polish and it will look like new again. You can maintain this with crystallizer but you will have to cut traffic areas periodically to renew them. The granite is a different story. It looks pretty dirty on the corners and those corners appear to be uneven. With lippage of this kind you would not want to refinish this without a lot of experience. You can deep clean the granite and use MB20 to polish it with a hogs hair pad and a good floor machine. Frequency depends on a lot of factors including traffic, location, and budget.

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
You have a combination of Agglomerate tile and granite. You can diamond sand the agglomerate to 1800 and powder polish and it will look like new again. You can maintain this with crystallizer but you will have to cut traffic areas periodically to renew them. The granite is a different story. It looks pretty dirty on the corners and those corners appear to be uneven. With lippage of this kind you would not want to refinish this without a lot of experience. You can deep clean the granite and use MB20 to polish it with a hogs hair pad and a good floor machine. Frequency depends on a lot of factors including traffic, location, and budget.
Thanks for the very detailed answer. I actually turned it down. There's so many scratches its ridiculous. And I don't want to mess with granite for awhile. Gonna stick with softer stones for now.