DI and WFP Learning experiences | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

DI and WFP Learning experiences

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
I understand the overall process of the WFP, however I would like to how you made the switch, what system you started with, lessons learned and what you would do different.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I understand the overall process of the WFP, however I would like to how you made the switch, what system you started with, lessons learned and what you would do different.
Depends on what type of work you’re after residential or commercial. Another factor you have too consider it the TDS of the water in your area this will determine what system you end up with. Obviously the type of work will also depend on the pole you purchase.

Volume also plays a huge part and what is the potential for growth using wfp in your area

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
In my experience the companies that run only WFP are cheaper and quick/lower quality work.

You can't properly detail windows from the ground, you'll miss paint spots, sap, all kinds of stuff.

Some windows need steel wool, some need a little razor scraping etc

It's good as routine maintenance once you have already done a nose to glass cleaning

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
In my experience the companies that run only WFP are cheaper and quick/lower quality work.

You can't properly detail windows from the ground, you'll miss paint spots, sap, all kinds of stuff.

Some windows need steel wool, some need a little razor scraping etc

It's good as routine maintenance once you have already done a nose to glass cleaning
Yes and No

We don’t use it regularly on residential. Large commercial that we clean regularly yes.

Our commercial clientele aren’t concerned with nose to the glass on 4 and 5 story tall buildings. Plus we carry bronze wool that can be attached too our wfp system too scrub the tough stuff. And if you’re filtering properly glass should be spot and streak free.

And why sell cheap? Profit margins are insane and we make very good money on our accts again it depends on what type of clients you go after

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
We went full three stage (xero pure) as we don’t have easy access to replacing DI filters. It’s a tool in our arsenal that we use on newer style windows as it reduces man hours noticeably. We use it only a day or two a week as we service an area with 100 year old houses on the coast where the salt air and aluminum screening make most houses not good candidates as the windows have storm panels and dozens of small panes needing scrubbing.

Reactions: MikeGaure

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
We went full three stage (xero pure) as we don’t have easy access to replacing DI filters. It’s a tool in our arsenal that we use on newer style windows as it reduces man hours noticeably. We use it only a day or two a week as we service an area with 100 year old houses on the coast where the salt air and aluminum screening make most houses not good candidates as the windows have storm panels and dozens of small panes needing scrubbing.
Yer lucky we run a 5 stage rodi I have some areas with a tds of 1500

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
interesting. We have a different business model than most. We mainly do residential and we do big projects. If a house is for sale, flipped, construction, rental turnover or just plan neglected we come in and do everything from Cleaning, windows, carpet, tile/grout, pressure washing, house washing, you name it. I took a spill on my dirt bike a month ago and it got me to realize I don't recover from a injury like I use to, therefore I thought about going to WFP to reduce ladder usage. I don't mind investing capital, however I look at ROI. I am not too worried about set up time as we are usually at one house for a day or two.

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
I have never paid much attention to TDS. Have you guys used Distilled water when traditional window cleaning?

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
I have never paid much attention to TDS. Have you guys used Distilled water when traditional window cleaning?
Never thought to try distilled water with traditional window cleaning. I would think the effects would be negated by all dirt picked up by a strip washer or sponge. But maybe we’re talking about super hard water issues I’m not used to.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
We have used distilled water at times more for testing purposes. Depends on your area there’s particulates that membranes still have trouble with. So desert areas with high alkali need a much more thorough filtering system.

Your tds will determine that filtering system. Some areas of the country are good with just a di tank. Not here I have too use a 5 stage.

We will use our wfp on residential as long as we can still produce excellent results. That’s where having bronze wool pad.

My new pole paid for itself very quickly. We have and old aluminum tucker that’s retired. And older triple crown and our new pole is the gardiner which is amazing.

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
We're saddled with an old Unger aluminum. The flex on the aluminum is pretty bad at two stories and truly atrocious above two stories. However we still only use it on a minority of our jobs which are two story residential and I'm not the one who is using it. I've often wondered what would justify the outlay on a carbon pole for us.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
We're saddled with an old Unger aluminum. The flex on the aluminum is pretty bad at two stories and truly atrocious above two stories. However we still only use it on a minority of our jobs which are two story residential and I'm not the one who is using it. I've often wondered what would justify the outlay on a carbon pole for us.
My aluminum tucker has sat untouched for years lol

For us less fatigue, more thorough cleaning and we could reach higher commercial accounts with ease.

My gardiner is a high modulus carbon fiber so it’s way way lighter and significantly more rigid than the aluminum. So we’re able too clean at a much faster pace without losing quality since you can apply much more pressure without the extra fatigue.

Only other thing I’d like too incorporate is belay glasses but it makes me have a little vertigo but on high floors it’ll help with any strain on the neck