Dev wand & Zipper sold to Stanley Steemer | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Dev wand & Zipper sold to Stanley Steemer

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Looks like the big billion dollar year company is catching on. Swivel wands for residential and Zipper for commercial being bought by the franchisor. I wonder if they paid 1895.00 a wand and 2200 for Zipper? Do you think Tom and Erik selling out to the big boy will close the gap between owner operator and the franchise?
stanley closing gap dev zipper.jpg

Reactions: mustangcarpet

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I want mine personalized too. Who cares anyway. Just a fancy wand. It’s a very expensive wand to build but $1800 plus. To each there own. JMO

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
As much as that thing looks bad ass, the wand, it is out of my budget. I'd really like to try it for a day. Still really been loving my westpak titanium wand with the pistol grip though. The pistol grip is a little more maintenance, but I couldn't go back to a regular grip. I love the pistol grip. Plus the westpak is priced pretty right in my opinion. I believe I gave around 600 for mine. It is non swivel, however, I lean toward non swivel.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
On another note, SS employees are going to take that 2000 dollar wand and never lubricate the bearings. They will probably run that beautiful piece of wand art into just another piece of Craigslist sale junk.

Reactions: smart n kleen

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
buying bulk always comes with a discount. nothing new nothing wrong. I was offered a small discount if I bought 5 items (by another company) I imagine that buying by the dozens would have to be at a significant discount

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
On another note, SS employees are going to take that 2000 dollar wand and never lubricate the bearings. They will probably run that beautiful piece of wand art into just another piece of Craigslist sale junk.
Not lubricating the bearing is very minuscule to the fact that wand will be flying off of the balcony, because stinky operator is to lazy to carry it down . Hard to believe, but ......

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Not lubricating the bearing is very minuscule to the fact that wand will be flying off of the balcony, because stinky operator is to lazy to carry it down . Hard to believe, but ......
And they hardly going to use Zipper in those 30 minutes, while cleaning 6 areas...

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Looks like the big billion dollar year company is catching on. Swivel wands for residential and Zipper for commercial being bought by the franchisor. I wonder if they paid 1895.00 a wand and 2200 for Zipper? Do you think Tom and Erik selling out to the big boy will close the gap between owner operator and the franchise?View attachment 76054

It wouldn't matter if Stinky Steemer traveled to customers homes on a magic carpet, wore a white hat and waved a magic wand. In the end they are who they are. No piece of equipment is going to change their hurried, inept ways.

You can put all of the seasonings you want on a McDonald's hamburger. In the end it's still a nasty, McDonald's hamburger.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
And they hardly going to use Zipper in those 30 minutes, while cleaning 6 areas...
And if they don't adjust them correctly Marian I foresee a lot of over wet carpets in their future. Not much difference than the past I guess. :)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
buying bulk always comes with a discount. nothing new nothing wrong. I was offered a small discount if I bought 5 items (by another company) I imagine that buying by the dozens would have to be at a significant discount
True Martin. So if he sells enough maybe the price can come down for the owner operators.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I want mine personalized too. Who cares anyway. Just a fancy wand. It’s a very expensive wand to build but $1800 plus. To each there own. JMO
Looks like just a plate screwed onto the face of the wand Rick. Wouldn't be hard to do that to any wand I suppose. And I agree, the price of wands has gotten out hand. I plan on making one much more affordable with all and more bells and whistles. Im shooting for 995.00.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
As much as that thing looks bad ass, the wand, it is out of my budget. I'd really like to try it for a day. Still really been loving my westpak titanium wand with the pistol grip though. The pistol grip is a little more maintenance, but I couldn't go back to a regular grip. I love the pistol grip. Plus the westpak is priced pretty right in my opinion. I believe I gave around 600 for mine. It is non swivel, however, I lean toward non swivel.
Cam the Westpak Ti is one of, if not the best wand for the money available today. It's vacuum, fit and finish is 1st class. If it swiveled, they could give the big price guys a run for their money.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Cam the Westpak Ti is one of, if not the best wand for the money available today. It's vacuum, fit and finish is 1st class. If it swiveled, they could give the big price guys a run for their money.
I think you just found a way to make easy money Rob. Buy swivels from Tony and wands from westpak, and BAM a new hot seller in the TMF store.

Reactions: Luky and rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Or strip off the glide thinking its not cleaning. They don't pre vacuum and they don't mechanically agitate. Sooner or later the glide gets taken off and this opens a another can of worms. Consider this.

A few years back before the new style wands I was at the trade shows. I went and talked to Prochem, PMF and Tony who was in early stage of talking to Tom. There I was stopping at the booths trying to get the wand makers to “hollow out” the Prochem style wand to create more vacuum.

Many manufacturers dismissed it saying the wand is so hard push as is with New truckmount powerful blowers and 2.5” hoses. But I said redo the glide. Tony listened and now Tom and SS followed suit with hollowed out or remanufactured larger vacuum heads. Result is a ton more vacuum.

So long story short the old wands were hard to push with old truckmounts, remove the glide from the new max vac wands no cleaner, especially a low paid cleaner will make it long. Good luck with that.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I think you just found a way to make easy money Rob. Buy swivels from Tony and wands from westpak, and BAM a new hot seller in the TMF store.
You might have a point there Cam. Biggest concern is now they are welded on. The old swivels were screwed on and came apart. Thats why I stopped carrying Tom's. The heads Tony uses are aluminum. So Titanium welding is a task not many can do and it rarely lasts. But good idea.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
You might have a point there Cam. Biggest concern is now they are welded on. The old swivels were screwed on and came apart. Thats why I stopped carrying Tom's. The heads Tony uses are aluminum. So Titanium welding is a task not many can do and it rarely lasts. But good idea.
The head of Toms wand is made from one solid piece of aluminum. Any welding on his wands is done by the best.