Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
What do you use to descale your TM?

I use Sulfamic Acid. I had extreme blockage in my Heat exchanger and after running sulfamic acid through my system for about ten minutes everything was cleared up perfectly. I mixed one pound in 5 gallons of water and after draining my fresh water tank I added the 5 gallons and let it cirulate for ten minutes. After my Tm was descaled I drained the water tank and then circulated clean water for another ten minutes and all was right in the world again:)
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Custom-B...1510?cm_sp=BazVoice-_-QA_PSVP-_-100171510-_-x

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
I use Muriatic Acid, 1 cup to 1 gallon of water, run for 2-5 minutes, drain water box, fill water box with fresh water run open ended till pump cuts out, Fill run open ended ect.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
What do you use to descale your TM?

I use Sulfamic Acid. I had extreme blockage in my Heat exchanger and after running sulfamic acid through my system for about ten minutes everything was cleared up perfectly. I mixed one pound in 5 gallons of water and after draining my fresh water tank I added the 5 gallons and let it cirulate for ten minutes. After my Tm was descaled I drained the water tank and then circulated clean water for another ten minutes and all was right in the world again:)
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Custom-B...1510?cm_sp=BazVoice-_-QA_PSVP-_-100171510-_-x
So my stand alone heat exchanger just keeps flipping a breaker a few seconds after I turn it on almost like a circuit overload. Now water flows freely through the exchanger just doesn't heat up. So my question is if the exchanger would need to be descalled in assuming water wouldn't flow through it properly ?

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
Never had a problem, Stanley Steemer descales this way, they call it an acid bath. One of my machines has 25000 hours and has had this method of descaling done it whole life with on 1 pump rebuild needed do to age.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
So how do you descale? Just add the acid to the water box, and run a solution line from the front with open valve directly into the water box? So it circulates ?
Yes exactly.
You want to make sure you open/close and solenoids and bypass valves for a short time as well to make sue those are cleaned as well.

Avoid building to much heat do it doesn't dump the water to the waste tank before you have a chance to complete the process.

Disconnect any incoming fresh water source as well

When done rinse and flush the system thoroughly