Descaling Your Truckmount

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
:hi: First, read the directions on the descaler bottle so you add the proper amount. Some require more or less. Every machine is different. Basically, pour descaler into the water box. If your truckmount has a bypass orifice remove it and replace the plug or cap on the manifold. Run your truckmount with the pump on. make sure you have a hose that goes from the solution outlet into the water box so you can cycle the water through the system. make sure your temp dial or thermostat is set a little higher so you dont bypass any water into the recovery tank. Run the truckmount for 10-15 minutes. The water inside the box should change colors to blue when it starts working. Do not run it too long or reach excessive heat levels or you can melt the seals inside the pump. When you are about done, turn your thermostat down below operating water temp to open the bypass. This allows descaler past your solenoid. Then shut down. After shutting down the truckmount, wait a few minutes and flush the system with fresh water. I like to suck out box to remove any sedements.
It is not uncommon to descale twice in severe cases. Often times plungers inside a bypass solenoid for instance will not completely dissolve.

Hydramaster Descaler- I allow the HydraMaster Descaler to sit in the truckmount over a weekend and flush out on Monday. Do not use this method with powders or strong acid formulas.

Some alternatives to truckmount descaler are; toilet bowl cleaner, white vinegar, CLR.

Dec 7, 2009
san diego
Real Name
justin lindholm
Business Location
United States
Hello,

I have a white magic pro 1200 PTO. I want to descale it and i'm planning on using white vinegar as the solution. The machine has about a 100 gallon fresh water tank and I don't think it has a water box. I was told to turn the valve from the fresh water tank off which confuses me.

Where is the water going to come from when I turn the pump on to descale?

How much white vinegar do i use, and do i mix it in my 5 gallon chemical jug?

Thanks, Justin

Feb 10, 2010
Real Name
jennyvachel
Business Location
United States
The C15AFR may be set to run from one, up to nine hours continuously, with run-time set in units of one hour. The interval between automatic operation of the flow reversal function can be set between one and nine minutes.
Hope it will serve you the purpose.... Once try in this way...

toilet descaler

Jul 25, 2009
FL
Real Name
Alberto Rivero
Business Location
United States
Im not sure but would do 50/50 to the water box. I heard you just need one pass through your system, not cycle it, not sure someone that know about it will chime in hopefully.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I have a Chemtex Panther, with no water box.
How do you set it up to descale?

mikeyorty

Sep 18, 2011
PA
Real Name
Mike Yorty
Business Location
United States
How do I descale if I don't have a water tank? Am I missing something? LOL Sometimes I don't see the obvious....

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have a Chemtex Panther, with no water box.
How do you set it up to descale?
Good question. Maybe Ben at Amtex could answer this.

AvidCare

Sep 25, 2011
Kansas
Real Name
Patrick McAnulla
Business Location
United States
When I had my Hydramaster 4.8 salsa unit. I occasionally would disconect the salsa box and run a couple radiator hoses from it to a 5 gallon bucket with White vinagar and a pond pump. The pond pump is very low psi. I just forced the soft heater hose over the brass connections and clamped it with hose clamps. Super easy to do. I would just set it up on friday night running continuous and disconect it on Sunday afternoon. The pond pump had its own filter so no scale debrie went back through. I never ran any chemical through the Cat pump or anything else, just the HE. Worked like a charm and kept it very clean, and HOT.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
If you do not have a water box then I imagine that you have a direct chemical draw tube? If so
Buy a 1 gallon bottle of white vinegar ( Smart & final $ 1-2.00) insert the chemical draw hose into the vinegar gallon directly do not dilute. Run your machine to operating temperature and turn your chemical meter on and run the vinegar through your system out through your line if you run 200 ft run it through it and through each cleaning tool, wand until you use up the vinegar then shut your chemical meter off and remove the vinegar bottle and replace with a 5 gallon bucket of fresh clean water ( soften or distilled water best) and turn your chemical metering valve again and rinse the vinegar out until you can no longer smell the vinegar through each tool/wand. You are done