Deposit? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Deposit?

Thunder865

Jun 15, 2018
Real Name
Thunder Warren
so after selling my last business doing 95% residential jobs I decided to focus on commercial with my new business. With the residential background, deposits were not a thing, however now most jobs I do are much higher dollar. I am currently on a $6,000 job and my wife just found out that I don’t have a deposit. (This is not the first time) My perspective has always been on what it cost me to do a job and if it would really hurt to loose that. I figure I’ll be into it about $800 when I’m done and it’s a chance businesses take. What do you guys think? At what point do you say, I can’t start until I have...(50%?)?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
The only time I’ve ever asked for a deposit is when I have to buy or rent something Out of the ordinary for their specific job. If I’m having to go spend a good amount of money for something I’ll never use on another job I’ll ask for a deposit in the amount of the special order items.

For normal jobs I collect payment on completion unless I have them set up on a net 30.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
No matter the price I’ve never asked for a deposit. I’m confident the client will be satisfied and I’ll get paid. I make it clear payment is due immediately after service is rendered. (Within reason of course)

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
If the ticket is 1k or more, I must get half, and the other half when we’re done and the customer is happy with our work. Usually payment is due when we’re done, but if I get some vibes about a customer? I am getting half!