wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
If you just need to know if it's working or not there is a simple way to do it. Turn your machine on and turn the diverter on and let it get hot for a few minutes with your temperature dial turned all the way up. After it gets hot enough, say 180 to 200 degrees, just turn your temp dial down BELOW the temperature that you're seeing and watch your pump pressure while you're doing it. You will see the pump pressure drop about 100 psi when you turn the temperature dial down. That is letting you know that your Dema solenoid just kicked in like it's supposed to and is dumping water. Now, turn the temp dial back up above the temperature reading and the pump pressure should go right back up to where you set it. If you do this and you don't see your pump pressure do anything your Dema is not working at all and may need replaced.

The solenoid is a Dema 453P and it is 12 volt. Kleen-ritecorp or Dultmeier sales are two good places to get a new one unless you want to pay 3 or 4 times what it's worth. If your Dema stops working normally you will be dumping water into your waste tank all the time the machine is running and it will fill up quickly. You can also let the machine get hot and take the lid off the waste tank and have someone look to see if the Dema is getting activated when you turn the temp dial up and down. That solenoid is the main way your machine controls the temperature.

mannyclean

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
manuel castrejon
If you just need to know if it's working or not there is a simple way to do it. Turn your machine on and turn the diverter on and let it get hot for a few minutes with your temperature dial turned all the way up. After it gets hot enough, say 180 to 200 degrees, just turn your temp dial down BELOW the temperature that you're seeing and watch your pump pressure while you're doing it. You will see the pump pressure drop about 100 psi when you turn the temperature dial down. That is letting you know that your Dema solenoid just kicked in like it's supposed to and is dumping water. Now, turn the temp dial back up above the temperature reading and the pump pressure should go right back up to where you set it. If you do this and you don't see your pump pressure do anything your Dema is not working at all and may need replaced.

The solenoid is a Dema 453P and it is 12 volt. Kleen-ritecorp or Dultmeier sales are two good places to get a new one unless you want to pay 3 or 4 times what it's worth. If your Dema stops working normally you will be dumping water into your waste tank all the time the machine is running and it will fill up quickly. You can also let the machine get hot and take the lid off the waste tank and have someone look to see if the Dema is getting activated when you turn the temp dial up and down. That solenoid is the main way your machine controls the temperature.
OK THANK YOU LET ME TELL YOU WHAT GOING ON WITH MY UNIT I WAS GETTING WATER DUMPING INTO MY WASTE TANK AS SOON AS YOU START IT UP AND IT WAS FILLING UP MY TANK TO FAST SO I WAS TRYING TO FIND WHERE THE WATER WAS COMING FROM I WOULD CLAMP DOWN THE LINE FROM HI TEMP CONTROL180 THEN WATER WOULD STILL DUMP WATER THEN CLAMP THE LINE RIGHT AT DEMA AND STILL WATER WAS DUMPING SO I TOOK APART MY DEMA TO CLEAN IT AND I PULL OUT THE CENTER PEACE WITH A PAIR OF NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS I FOUND THAT IT WAS FULL OF SOAP RESIDUE THAT MADE THAT CENTER PEACE STUCK EVEN THE GASKET AROUND THAT CENTER PEACE WAS STUCK SHUT SO I CLEANED IT WITH VINEGAR ALL THE INSIDE OF THE DEMA SO I PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AND NOW NO WATER IS DUMPING BUT IT ALSO DONT DO WHAT IT USE TO DO WHEN IT HITS ITS TEMP THE PRESSURE DONT DROP 100 PSI ANYMORE U CAN HERE THE CHANGE IN THE IDLE BUT NO DROP WITH PSI METER PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK THANK YOU

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
OK THANK YOU LET ME TELL YOU WHAT GOING ON WITH MY UNIT I WAS GETTING WATER DUMPING INTO MY WASTE TANK AS SOON AS YOU START IT UP AND IT WAS FILLING UP MY TANK TO FAST SO I WAS TRYING TO FIND WHERE THE WATER WAS COMING FROM I WOULD CLAMP DOWN THE LINE FROM HI TEMP CONTROL180 THEN WATER WOULD STILL DUMP WATER THEN CLAMP THE LINE RIGHT AT DEMA AND STILL WATER WAS DUMPING SO I TOOK APART MY DEMA TO CLEAN IT AND I PULL OUT THE CENTER PEACE WITH A PAIR OF NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS I FOUND THAT IT WAS FULL OF SOAP RESIDUE THAT MADE THAT CENTER PEACE STUCK EVEN THE GASKET AROUND THAT CENTER PEACE WAS STUCK SHUT SO I CLEANED IT WITH VINEGAR ALL THE INSIDE OF THE DEMA SO I PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AND NOW NO WATER IS DUMPING BUT IT ALSO DONT DO WHAT IT USE TO DO WHEN IT HITS ITS TEMP THE PRESSURE DONT DROP 100 PSI ANYMORE U CAN HERE THE CHANGE IN THE IDLE BUT NO DROP WITH PSI METER PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK THANK YOU
Sometimes cleaning it out will restore function. They also sell a repair kit that has all of the parts that are inside the solenoid if you want to replace them. You just have to make sure everything goes back in exactly the way it came out or it won't work. There is a tiny spring in there that sits inside another spring that can easily be lost. The thing I've seen most often with them myself is the 12 volt coil on the solenoid goes out. If that happens the solenoid will stay open all the time the machine is on and fill your waste tank up pretty fast. You will also lose a lot of your heat. If I were you I'd plan on buying a new solenoid at one of the places I mentioned above ASAP. Keep your old one and you might want to buy one of those repair kits I mentioned for the 453P 12 volt Dema solenoid. They aren't too hard to replace. If you don't use a water softener you can expect more problems with things like that. Here is a basic trouble shooting guide for Dema solenoids from demaeng.com. It also shows exactly how the inner parts go in case you put something in wrong.

Attachments

• I876.pdf
    40.8 KB · Views: 7

mannyclean

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
manuel castrejon
Sometimes cleaning it out will restore function. They also sell a repair kit that has all of the parts that are inside the solenoid if you want to replace them. You just have to make sure everything goes back in exactly the way it came out or it won't work. There is a tiny spring in there that sits inside another spring that can easily be lost. The thing I've seen most often with them myself is the 12 volt coil on the solenoid goes out. If that happens the solenoid will stay open all the time the machine is on and fill your waste tank up pretty fast. You will also lose a lot of your heat. If I were you I'd plan on buying a new solenoid at one of the places I mentioned above ASAP. Keep your old one and you might want to buy one of those repair kits I mentioned for the 453P 12 volt Dema solenoid. They aren't too hard to replace. If you don't use a water softener you can expect more problems with things like that. Here is a basic trouble shooting guide for Dema solenoids from demaeng.com. It also shows exactly how the inner parts go in case you put something in wrong.
thank you for the really detail response and the attachment i will get back to you soon you are awesome

mannyclean

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
manuel castrejon
than you so much wandwizard attachment you sent i went and open up the dema again i found that the small spring that go's in the center of the bigger spring had like a bent in one of the loops and it would get hung up like hang nail .so thought that was not going to be a issue because as long as i seen it bounce up and down that was good i was wrong and your direction made me look into that spring after i put a new spring that i had to make from a writing pen i tried to match the spring as best as i can and i found one that match up perfect it was only to long so i had to give it a try to cut it down without making it out of balance and warped and i did a good job and it works perfect thank you so much

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I use to try to clean, repair or put a repair kit in these but for the price I just grab a new one off the shelf and replace it and get back to work.
I haven't ordered one in a long time now, but several years ago I found I could order 3 repair kits directly from dema engineering for like 45 bucks so I did. I like to have them on hand just in case I need something. When buying directly from the manufacturer they do require a minimum purchase on certain items and 3 was the minimum for the repair kits so they were about 15 bucks each at that time. I believe places like Dultmeier or Kleen-rite can also sell the kits and solenoids near the same price though. You can also buy just a 12 volt coil if the coil happens to go out. I've never done that, but they are available. I found years ago that if I turn my machine all the way up for carpet cleaning my Dema hardly even gets activated so it last a lot longer and a water softener greatly helps prevent scale build up in them too.

mannyclean

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
manuel castrejon
I haven't ordered one in a long time now, but several years ago I found I could order 3 repair kits directly from dema engineering for like 45 bucks so I did. I like to have them on hand just in case I need something. When buying directly from the manufacturer they do require a minimum purchase on certain items and 3 was the minimum for the repair kits so they were about 15 bucks each at that time. I believe places like Dultmeier or Kleen-rite can also sell the kits and solenoids near the same price though. You can also buy just a 12 volt coil if the coil happens to go out. I've never done that, but they are available. I found years ago that if I turn my machine all the way up for carpet cleaning my Dema hardly even gets activated so it last a lot longer and a water softener greatly helps prevent scale build up in them too.
thank you you help me a lot i have one more issue that you may have the answer to my unit boxxer 421 has been pulling to much chemical from the jug when i fire up my unit when i set up to clean my flowmeter it showing like if i was spraying to clean with my wand and in not i have put in new check valves in the chemical pump as well a diaphragm and still the same then i clean my 3 way valve real good put it back on still the same so i have to almost not even open the flowmeter just to be able to draw from the jug cuzz if you open it up like you would any time else it will pull to much to fast can you please give me your in put its drving me crazy trying to get it right