Defoamer on the fly please.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I just realized I have very little defoamer left, all supplier in my area are closed today, what can use as defoamer that I can buy from regular stores?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I just realized I have very little defoamer left, all supplier in my area are closed today, what can use as defoamer that I can buy from regular stores?
I'd suggest going somewhere that rents machines. I think almost all of them have defoamer. You may pay double to triple what it's worth though. Rental chems are usually VERY high dollar. I've heard the thing about fabric softener too, but never tried it. I believe years ago I even used regular table salt to diffuse foam in my machine on a few occasions and it seemed to work ok. That might not work in a heavy foam situation though.

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Any fabric softener. Its not as good but works. Send it down your hose so it gets everything coated that foam will come in contact with.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
  1. Rubbing alcohol
  2. Defoamer from places that rent Rug Doctor or similar. There stuff is the same chemical as you get from a supplier but really watered down.
  3. Fabric Softener - Do not get this on a carpet, only in your hoses

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
Do you use a lot of defoamer every day cleaning carpet? Seldom do I need any, but I always carry Knock-down from Jon-Don - add a little to A SPRAY BOTTLE, AND THEN FILL WITH WATER, SHAKE, AND GO.

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
Fabric softener does really work and well... It knocks down soap in the laundry, that's part of it's job, so even generic will work, put in vac hose every now and Again. It will work!!

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Do you use a lot of defoamer every day cleaning carpet? Seldom do I need any, but I always carry Knock-down from Jon-Don - add a little to A SPRAY BOTTLE, AND THEN FILL WITH WATER, SHAKE, AND GO.
When using my portable. I put some in the recovery thank to prevent foam being sucked into the vacuum motors. My wife went to buy me some from a Janitorial supplies store that was open Saturday when I needed it. It was liquid, it worked but I think I like the powder better as many others here do as well.