Deal on Janilink 500 PSI?

lizaoreo

Jul 7, 2017
Real Name
Michael Moore
Me and my brother are looking to start doing floors during the weekends, as a supplement to our "day jobs". Probably just a couple a week starting out. We don't have a huge startup budget and are planning to start out just getting a used portable and other equipment required to get the job done. I've read a lot on here and am still reading and learning ideas/techniques and what equipment/chems I might want now or later.

The big thing right now is finding a used portable that is good for a decent price we can afford. I've been scanning the local CL and ebay and think I found one on CL, but I don't see a lot about the brand here. It's a Janilink Premium I Heated 500 PSI Extractor with the hose and wand for $350 on CL. They included the listing to the Janilink webstore, it retails for $2,370 there. It has 3 2-stage vacuum motors, 2 heaters, and variable 500 PSI pump. Has 2 power cords which is important for us as we'll be looking at doing residential primarily. No auto fill/dump as best I can tell.

Assuming there is nothing wrong with the Janilink, is this a good deal for a first unit?

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Potentially, yes it could be a good deal. If everything is working.
IMO, 3 vac motors, a pump, 2 heaters seems like ALOT to jam into a portable both physically and electrically.

Just make sure everything works before you buy it. Turn on the heaters individually to make sure they both work. Listen to the vac motors, make sure they are whining loudly. Which is a sign that they are going out.

There is a reason you sell a $2300 machine for $350... Somethings not right with it.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Me and my brother are looking to start doing floors during the weekends, as a supplement to our "day jobs". Probably just a couple a week starting out. We don't have a huge startup budget and are planning to start out just getting a used portable and other equipment required to get the job done. I've read a lot on here and am still reading and learning ideas/techniques and what equipment/chems I might want now or later.

The big thing right now is finding a used portable that is good for a decent price we can afford. I've been scanning the local CL and ebay and think I found one on CL, but I don't see a lot about the brand here. It's a Janilink Premium I Heated 500 PSI Extractor with the hose and wand for $350 on CL. They included the listing to the Janilink webstore, it retails for $2,370 there. It has 3 2-stage vacuum motors, 2 heaters, and variable 500 PSI pump. Has 2 power cords which is important for us as we'll be looking at doing residential primarily. No auto fill/dump as best I can tell.

Assuming there is nothing wrong with the Janilink, is this a good deal for a first unit?
Buy a portable that will run on 15amp lines.