Dash2Dash-The #1 biggest mistake carpet cleaners make! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Dash2Dash-The #1 biggest mistake carpet cleaners make!

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Makes sense to follow up. I use Service Task, which is not bad for $24 a month. Depressing to hear the customers say to you they do not need the service, when it is time to redo. Just have to keep plugging at the ones who listens and does the maintenance.

Bman

May 5, 2013
Real Name
Brian Bartmess
I need help in this department! I bought a database program a few years back and cannot import/export all my clients info. From MS access into it, just their contact info. I'm trying to avoid manually entering over 3500 clients into it, any ideas?

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I need help in this department! I bought a database program a few years back and cannot import/export all my clients info. From MS access into it, just their contact info. I'm trying to avoid manually entering over 3500 clients into it, any ideas?
Meh hire a chick in a mini skirt to enter it...

Reactions: SpotlessMiracle

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
We can help import it into house call pro for you, let us know

the_rugsucker

Dec 1, 2011
CA.
Real Name
Tom Eifler
Business Location
United States
I haven't paid for advertising for a little over four years now and I keep growing do to customer referrals. I use a program called "Voice shot" which will send a scheduled text message whenever I want. I have it set for every six months. It will also call a land line and leave a message for them and even give the customer the option to press 3 and it will transfer them to my phone. It's very affordable about 10 cents a call. With all that said I do need to follow up with postcards. Like Rob said you don't want to lose a customer after working so hard to get them.

Reactions: admin and Omar

Heavy Duty Tony

Jul 12, 2015
Real Name
Tony Moore
I'm really surprised how many cleaners out there focus more on tools and equipment VS their marketing strategies, it's insane how much percentage.
I agree 100 percent. I'm just so frustrated right now because we waist so much time trying to keep our vacuum hose from collapsing. And the suppliers tell me I need to turn down my heat!

Reactions: admin
Jan 10, 2014
new orleans
www.dgcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Grozdan Doychev
Business Location
United States
I agree with you all. Reminding your past customers is a must. We do it 2 times a year with reminder carts. Every 6 months and 1 year. We are thinking to add emailing 4 times a year with helpful tips and past work email for gaining more reviews.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
You should be able to export into EXCEL from the old program, save it and import into the new program.
Every database should have an ability to export/import.

Whats the old program called?

SpotlessMiracle

May 18, 2015
Real Name
Paul Phillips
I CAN HELP!
1st open your email
2nd add a subject and description
3rd select add attachment
4th add client list to email
5th mail to Spotless Miracle LOL
just kidding.

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
Go to HouseCall Pro - sign up for a demo, we can extract from any old database and clean it up for you!

HealthVac

Jan 8, 2009
Redding, California
Real Name
Marc Metz
The #1 biggest mistake carpet cleaners make! (VIDEO BELOW)

Instead of using a lot of metaphors,illustrations or flowery language I’ve decided to deliver the #1 largest mistake right between a service providers eyes-NOT working or marketing their past clients. That's right. Almost every carpet cleaner I have met makes this HUGE mistake. They feel like they did the job and the client will back when ready. Guess what? Some will but many won’t. How can I say that? They will do one of two things but first watch this video!

1-They will call you but may wait a year or more putting off the cleaning because they are busy
2- They will think to call you but time has faded their memory of your service and they shop around before calling you

Now this is a trap you do NOT and do NOT have to be stuck in. To do so you must market your past clients vigorously,systematically and regularly. In our industry it is imperative to outline strategic marketing efforts to the audience that you have “already” captured. Your past clients are a “goldmine” and your best resource for new clients. So marketing to the should be your primary focus. So many cleaners or service providers stop after the cleaning when this should be just the beginning! You must remember your clients year round and without fail. Follow-up and consistent contact have the potential to open new doors and profits you only dreamed about. Like those that dream about gold,work this goldmine!

Here is a little video to get you underway. In follow up articles I will share how to develop a system and how we work our client base. Enjoy!

Rob Allen
Truckmountforums

HealthVac

Jan 8, 2009
Redding, California
Real Name
Marc Metz
The #1 biggest mistake carpet cleaners make! (VIDEO BELOW)

Instead of using a lot of metaphors,illustrations or flowery language I’ve decided to deliver the #1 largest mistake right between a service providers eyes-NOT working or marketing their past clients. That's right. Almost every carpet cleaner I have met makes this HUGE mistake. They feel like they did the job and the client will back when ready. Guess what? Some will but many won’t. How can I say that? They will do one of two things but first watch this video!

1-They will call you but may wait a year or more putting off the cleaning because they are busy
2- They will think to call you but time has faded their memory of your service and they shop around before calling you

Now this is a trap you do NOT and do NOT have to be stuck in. To do so you must market your past clients vigorously,systematically and regularly. In our industry it is imperative to outline strategic marketing efforts to the audience that you have “already” captured. Your past clients are a “goldmine” and your best resource for new clients. So marketing to the should be your primary focus. So many cleaners or service providers stop after the cleaning when this should be just the beginning! You must remember your clients year round and without fail. Follow-up and consistent contact have the potential to open new doors and profits you only dreamed about. Like those that dream about gold,work this goldmine!

Here is a little video to get you underway. In follow up articles I will share how to develop a system and how we work our client base. Enjoy!

Rob Allen
Truckmountforums
I totally agree with this post.. After being in this business for 33 years and watching the marketing trends over the years change we are now in this transition of postal mail and email. One way to go about this is separate by age [ 20-50 and 51-90] all your clients using your invoice. Being in an area of Northern California with a higher than normal percentage of older retired couples then these would be excellent candidates for postal reminder cards with specials, they love coupons and postal mail ! Then there are an ever growing younger generation as I have 2 sons as realtors and one son runs his own mortgage loan company in my town and they and all their young friends are really up to date in everything internet so emails are their first choice.I have also noticed many of the older generation in my area slowly moving into smart phones but it is not yet enough for me to do emails for them.