Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We did an early morning sports bar that has not been cleaned in 2 years since bought new. Lots beer spills,food spills and they used otc carpet cleaning spotters. Approx 2k+ sq ft and tables/chairs to move.

Two men,Preload5 carpet cleaning prespray spiked with Tilemaster,Cimex w/gray pads to pre-agitate. Did half w/new carpet cleaning tool the CX15 and other 1/2 w/Prochem Ti carpet cleaning wand. So what were the results? Which one was less fatiguing?

First one of us slid all the chairs and tables to the right side as the other pre-vacced. Then fired up the White Magic w/59 blower and got to prespraying the 1st half. Then my helper grabbed the Cimex and pre-scrubbed it as I followed behind using the CX15. I've only demo'd the CX15 for a video. This is the 1st time I've used it on a very soiled large area of carpet. Here are my impressions after using it on a 1000sq ft.

I started with 400 psi and did not like the results after a few passes. Then I went out and turned it up to 1000 psi. After that I could see a noticeable difference. It started cleaning up well after that. In all fairness I might not have needed the extra pressure because we had not let the unit get up to operating temps of 230+. When it did it started to cut like butter and less pressure probably would have been fine.

I really thought it would be faster but it may be a tad slower than using a wand in retrospect. But on flipside it seems faster than some rotaries. I also noticed it didn't get as close to the wall as a wand. So I switched to the Ti wand and cut all edges,corners and hard to reach areas in. Back to the CX15.

I really liked the way it captured all the heat. I noticed as I pulled back if I cut trigger off and tilted it to move to the next backward pass (remember it is basically a drag tool) that the water pooled up some. So at the end of the pass I let off the trigger and pulled back an extra foot and this solved the problem. Moving on.

I had no "crop circles" and it takes very little energy to use vs a wand. It is also a little easier to use than most rotaries. I started far left and went backwards the entire length of the bar until I touched the wall with my back. I overlapped each stroke by a couple inches to avoid lines. You cannot walk back fast. I found the soil level determines the speed you can clean. Since this place was filthy I went about 1/4 speed of normal backward walking.

After 3 or 4 backward passes the machine was really cooking and you could not touch the fittings. However no steam came from the unit until you tilted it up to move to the next row. Really impressed with the heat capture because I know you don't lose heat like wand to ambient temperatures. So it was cutting through the greasy place with relative ease the hitter the machine got.

All in all it took about 15 more minutes to clean first side than the 2nd side. I broke no sweat and the carpet looked great. Most spots came right out but a few toughies remained. In retrospect I would have used the wand to cut the edges and hit spots that didn't come out afterwards instead of before with the wand. Lastly I reached down and felt the carpets. They really seemed to be drier than using a wand but only a feeling so take it for what it's worth. Now,on to the Ti.

The Ti is a great wand but you will work up a sweat and will have some fatigue but 1k sq ft no problem for someone like us who have cleaned for years. Now there was a lot steam in the air showing we were losing heat. But it still cleaned well,no separate edging tool needed and could use it to chop stroke spots out fast with fels bar. As I reached down and felt the carpet it seemed noticeably damper to the touch but not bad. We finished about 15 mins faster with the wand. So what are my final thoughts?

The CX15 like any new tool takes some getting used to. There is a little learning curve and I think some cleaners will give up before realizing its full potential. I don't think I have grasped all its potential but I do know it cleans well and it cleans easily. Both sides looked good but I plan on going back one week from now to see which one held up better. I will report back my findings.

If I had it to do over again we would have used the Brush Pro CRB to re-agitate like I did in my review video. It is definitely superior for pre-scrubbing but I wanted to see what the Cimex could do. It probably would have cleaned faster and might not needed post spotting. Plus I noticed if you went along the edges to using the side it cleaned close. But the front of the unit does not. So if you have room and a CRB you may not need a wand at all esp on big open area jobs.

All in all it is a great tool. We are going to experiment a lot more with it but so far I like it. I know we will get better with it with use. I also know for large areas being so light and little to no fatigue can be a game changer. I hope this comparison helps you. Here are a few pics. Biggest problem is there was so little light in this place. The client loved it and tipped us 20.00 each even though my price came in at 50.00 higher than 2 other bids. Enjoy.

Rob Allen

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422064776.547666.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422064797.667158.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422064823.737361.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422064841.323195.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422064862.942856.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422064894.332507.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422064919.067303.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422064973.007889.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422065036.749977.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422065056.636048.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422065075.755353.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422065132.146708.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422065184.720168.jpg

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Here's the problem with you giving such a review, Rob. You have so much at stake, that if this tool were not any good, there is no way in hell that you would slam it. However, I also think that if you did not find it to be effective at all, you would likely avoid writing a review, altogether.

I'm just putting this out there, because lots of members probably think the same way I do but won't say anything. So, what do I think of what you wrote by "reading through the lines"? I believe that the tool has pros and cons and is not a slam dunk winner at all. It's not worthless, either and it has some virtues that perhaps will be enhanced in later revisions/ generations of manufacturing. Anyway, this is my personal opinion based on what you wrote.

The one thing that gathered my interest, is that you said it is less strenuous to use than a wand. This is a critical area of advantage. I have one question related to this observation. Does your wand have a glide on it? It does not appear to in the pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here's the problem with you giving such a review, Rob. You have so much at stake, that if this tool were not any good, there is no way in hell that you would slam it. However, I also think that if you did not find it to be effective at all, you would likely simply avoid writing a review.

I'm just putting this out there because, lots of members probably think the same way I do but won't say anything. So, what do I think of what you wrote, by reading through the lines? I believe that the tool has pros and cons and is not a slam dunk winner at all. It's not worthless, either and it has some virtues that perhaps will be enhanced in later revisions/ generations of manufacturing it. Anyway, that is my personal take on what you wrote.

The one thing that gathered my interest, is that you said it is less strenuous to use than a wand. This is a critical area of advantage.
Where were you when I wrote this? Could have saved me a lot of writing and picture taking. :sneaky:

PS:Reviews by members have been split. So far those who have gotten it have either loved it or didn't like it. Just for the record.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Where were you when I wrote this? Could have saved me a lot of writing and picture taking. :sneaky:
I was buried underneath a stockpile of young women......nah, not this week. Hell, not even this month. I needed a break.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
So lets spin this a bit for the sake of comparison. What tool have you ever tested and felt, right off of the bat, that it is a homerun? Personally, I would say the Sapphire upholstery tool, T Rex, RDM (loved it the first time I used it), RV360i, Mytee Bentley wand and the Black and Decker Steamworks steamer. How about a CRB? Would you rate it as a homerun?

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
As far as trying a new tool and finding it to be a complete failure, I would say I can think of two, right off the bat and they came from the same manufacturer. The two that I despised from the moment I tried them, were the Sapphire Stryker wand and Hoss 700. The Hoss was so bad that I had to block my customer's vision as he was trying to look at the carpet as I was failing to clean it. It made tiger stripes from missing and it was horribly embarrassing. Fortunately, they changed the design of some of the problems and it can be made to work. The Stryker was a complete flop.

kenbent

Sep 12, 2009
Canada Vancouver Island
www.sani-tech.com
Real Name
Ken Bentkowski
Business Location
Canada

PS:Reviews by members have been split. So far those who have gotten it have either loved it or didn't like it. Just for the record.
I've used mine once since Vegas and thought the
handle was a but short even for 5'9" guy... will try it again ... it took me two weeks to take out my RX20 outta the back of the van... never
looked back...

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
What psi did you run the Ti wand at? All the pictures look really good, was there a noticeable difference with one side being cleaner than the other or did both sides come out about the same?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
i notice all these new tools over the years.. Many will love it and then new tool comes out makes claims its the best and it starts over... BUT we always go back to the good old wand...
Not everyone has your arms of you Frank (pic below),or Todd and Jeff where a wand is but a toy. :D

Frankwbullet_zps99a79e69.jpg

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Rob,
Which spray bar did you use ?
I believe both Damon and Ivan use their CX-15 at @500psi after having issues at higher pressures. Ivan uses the residential bar in both scenarios.
I believe as you said the heat being held within the head contributes to how well it cleans compared to the open designs of most REs. Only a pair of 02 jets certainly helps.
This was low cut commercial carpet ? Look forward on your thoughts after using the CX-15 on some deep pile residential carpet.
Sadly it seems just like the REs a wand will be necessary to cut in the corners . Wonder if grooming will necessary like the REs on deep pile. Swirl marks.
No cord is definitely a plus.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob,
Which spray bar did you use ?
I believe both Damon and Ivan use their CX-15 at @500psi after having issues at higher pressures. Ivan uses the residential bar in both scenarios.
I believe as you said the heat being held within the head contributes to how well it cleans compared to the open designs of most REs. Only a pair of 02 jets certainly helps.
This was low cut commercial carpet ? Look forward on your thoughts after using the CX-15 on some deep pile residential carpet.
Sadly it seems just like the REs a wand will be necessary to cut in the corners . Wonder if grooming will necessary like the REs on deep pile. Swirl marks.
No cord is definitely a plus.
I used the commercial bar. It is interesting that Ivan is using only the resi bar. I wonder why? I dint have any intentions of trying on a resi carpet but guess I will now and post the results here in this thread. Just seems more like a commercial tool than a residential tool but I am open to trying it.

*Maybe we can get Ivan & Damon to weight in here.

@See Spots Run @Nomad74

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I like the fact the steam is not blowing in the air.
I like the glide's design groves.
I like the ease of the tool.

I think I see really clean lines on outer edges and soil in the center.
imageuploadedbytmf-forums1422065056-636048-jpg.42277

Thanks for the review Rob.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What psi did you run the Ti wand at? All the pictures look really good, was there a noticeable difference with one side being cleaner than the other or did both sides come out about the same?
500 psi with the Ti wand. There seemed to be no noticeable difference but I want to say again the lighting in this bar is terrible and the sun was not out. I think the real test Todd will be what they look like in the weeks to come. Im going by each week to see how each held up for the next 4 weeks.

@Todd the Cleaner