Custy said they DID NOT put a finish on this floor. What do you think.

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
Do you think finish was applied? Customer is stating that there was no finish applied but I think the pic tells the story...We denied the claim that the LVT was defective, now it's back for appeal...
2c20cfd67ffa81ce2cada12ffceb2eae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Do you think finish was applied? Customer is stating that there was no finish applied but I think the pic tells the story...We denied the claim that the LVT was defective, now it's back for appeal...
2c20cfd67ffa81ce2cada12ffceb2eae.jpg

I would guess the customer is mistaken rather than lying. They don't understand that many of the products that are labeled "rejuvenate," or some nonsense like that, actually contain a top coat. They think they are just cleaning the floor.

Maybe they had a cleaning company come in asking for a shine and the company applied the finish.

Zooming on the pic I can see what looks like residue. So it's either cleaner residue or finish, imo.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
What's the claim for?

I would guess the customer is mistaken rather than lying. They don't understand that many of the products that are labeled "rejuvenate," or some nonsense like that, actually contain a top coat. They think they are just cleaning the floor.

Maybe they had a cleaning company come in asking for a shine and the company applied the finish.

Zooming on the pic I can see what looks like residue. So it's either cleaner residue or finish, imo.

Don't those Swiffer wet jets leave a shine too?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I work for the LVT manufacturer, the claim was for a defect. Their claim was that the floor had a irregular finish. The distributors sales rep went out with once and done to try to clean it off.

Not being in your business that sounds like a tough claim to handle.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Not really use a small amount of stripper on a towel and clean a spot.

Like stated earlier probably a confusion about proper product use and maintenance

But I would think you'd have to do that to the whole floor since it's an appearance issue. Appearance issues are also subjective and like Joe said what we know and understand as topical finishes aren't the same as what a consumer would.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
But I would think you'd have to do that to the whole floor since it's an appearance issue. Appearance issues are also subjective and like Joe said what we know and understand as topical finishes aren't the same as what a consumer would.

Manufacturers and installers wouldn't be responsible for the whole floor clean up though. That would show a topical was applied

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I bet if you snooped around you might find a bottle of Rejuvenate hiding in a closet or storage area. I bet they put it on the floor thinking it would look good. It does for a while, then it looks like the devil himself and it will leave you cursing the day you tried to rid the floor of it.

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
I bet if you snooped around you might find a bottle of Rejuvenate hiding in a closet or storage area. I bet they put it on the floor thinking it would look good. It does for a while, then it looks like the devil himself and it will leave you cursing the day you tried to rid the floor of it.

I wish I was on site...I would look around. I'm in Georgia...job is in Wisconsin...

Latest posts