Customers dog got Skunked, then rubbed it on carpet!!!!!!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Customers dog got Skunked, then rubbed it on carpet!!!!!!!

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
First time skunk job despite being in the industry for 12 years.
Cusotmers dog attacked a skunk in their back yard. They heard the noise and opened the door and the dog ran in and started rubbing his face all over the carpet. He had been sprayed by the skunk directly.
I was out of town on vacation last week when the call came in and my lead tech was not comfortable tackling this one. So my customer tried another cleaner. She said they masked the smell a bit for a few days but now it is back with a vengeance.

I know my supplier (clean serv) carries a product especially for skunk spray removal.....

Any helpful pointers.
Dos or Donts

This is for a long time repeat customer.
I have already set the expectations that the $300 they are gonna pay me to try to get the smell out is all a big gamble and I put the odds of success at 50/50. Its a high end carpet and the replacement is over $2500 with labor and materials for the smallish room in the walkout basement.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I’ve never dealt with skunk either but I’ve heard Odorcide will remove the smell. I’d mix up a gallon of it and dump it on the carpet and let dwell for 30 minutes then water claw.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Odorcides skunk product two thumbs up man shit works, had one of my contractors call me once skunk got into one of his million dollar plus homes while it was being built crawled up under a huge garden tub and died and got sheetrocked and tiled in under the tub. When he decomposed it was one of the worst and strongest smells ive ever had to deal with and it got rid of it

• Haha
Reactions: MikeGaure

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I deal with skunk quite often,

Thank the Lord Ive done well

This is what I have used and has worked

1. Odorcide 210 & Odorcide Skunk
& Bridgepoint Hydrocide

2. Green DS, mixed with klenz enzyme

Vacuum

Apply product by its self
Agigate
Mix product with your pre spray and apply

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Odorcides skunk product two thumbs up man shit works, had one of my contractors call me once skunk got into one of his million dollar plus homes while it was being built crawled up under a huge garden tub and died and got sheetrocked and tiled in under the tub. When he decomposed it was one of the worst and strongest smells ive ever had to deal with and it got rid of it
When we was trouble making teenagers we’d walk to a golf course after hours and party but we’d also bring our dogs too run free. Well one night we thought they were chasing a cat. Nope! It was a skunk we got it pretty good along with the dogs.

Now I kinda like the smell when I’m traveling lol

• Haha
Reactions: SRD

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
First time skunk job despite being in the industry for 12 years.
Cusotmers dog attacked a skunk in their back yard. They heard the noise and opened the door and the dog ran in and started rubbing his face all over the carpet. He had been sprayed by the skunk directly.
I was out of town on vacation last week when the call came in and my lead tech was not comfortable tackling this one. So my customer tried another cleaner. She said they masked the smell a bit for a few days but now it is back with a vengeance.

I know my supplier (clean serv) carries a product especially for skunk spray removal.....

Any helpful pointers.
Dos or Donts

This is for a long time repeat customer.
I have already set the expectations that the $300 they are gonna pay me to try to get the smell out is all a big gamble and I put the odds of success at 50/50. Its a high end carpet and the replacement is over $2500 with labor and materials for the smallish room in the walkout basement.
Let us know what you decided on, and how it came out.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Let us know what you decided on, and how it came out.
Hey Rick
Where are you located?
Are you close enough to Columbus for me to send overflow work your way. We book out 2 weeks so we loose jobs all the time....I would be happy to send em your way

Heading over to Cleanserv now.......job is tomorrow.....I may not make it out on the job but will report how the techs came out.....