Customer wants me to do light tile cleaning on huge house every month

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I have a customer who has a multi million dollar house (there's a lot in my neck of the woods), she said inside is about 6,000 sq ft, plus a lot outside. She said it is new tile, 6 months old, and she just wants to keep it clean, not scrubbing and doing a deep clean, and I suggested she just find a good housekeeping service, and have me come once or twice per year. She said she wants to use me because I have good reviews and have the good equipment. I am going to check it all out and give her a price tomorrow. I told her I have never really offered that service before, and don't know anyone who does, but that maybe I could go in and just do a light spray of some cleaner and just rinse it all off with gecko and spinner.

How would you go about charging for this? She suggested that I just charge her an hourly price since I'll do it every month. I think that kind of makes sense in a situation like this. Have any of you ever done a sort of "light duty" regular cleaning on tile like this? From pics it looks like it's just porcelain. It seems like it could be a pretty good job considering there's not going to be any dirt to clean, its basically just cleaning to make them feel good about it.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
I would mop it with a neutral cleaner and "polish" it dry with my 175 swing machine using a bonnet under it of course.

Jan 20, 2011
Southern California
www.goodfaithcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Tony H.
Business Location
United States
It seems like you are just trying to be honest and fair with her and that's admirable, but don't brush her off so fast. Not everyone thinks the same way as you or me and if that's what she wants, and she has the money, by all means provide the service to her. If you don't someone else will be happy to! I think from what you described a light spray and a spinner would be all that's needed. As far as the hourly rate don't sell yourself short, you've got to pay for the wear and tear as well as your time.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
What zig dog said! Figure out how many hours it would take, every month? I would be happy between $30-$40 per hour. Especially if you have a helper.

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
What zig dog said! Figure out how many hours it would take, every month? I would be happy between $30-$40 per hour. Especially if you have a helper.
I would not get out of bed for 30 per hour. She has the cash, she likes him, $100/hour to clean the tile. $1500/ hour if she needs him for any other personal services.
His wife will understand.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I have a customer who has a multi million dollar house (there's a lot in my neck of the woods), she said inside is about 6,000 sq ft, plus a lot outside. She said it is new tile, 6 months old, and she just wants to keep it clean, not scrubbing and doing a deep clean, and I suggested she just find a good housekeeping service, and have me come once or twice per year. She said she wants to use me because I have good reviews and have the good equipment. I am going to check it all out and give her a price tomorrow. I told her I have never really offered that service before, and don't know anyone who does, but that maybe I could go in and just do a light spray of some cleaner and just rinse it all off with gecko and spinner.

How would you go about charging for this? She suggested that I just charge her an hourly price since I'll do it every month. I think that kind of makes sense in a situation like this. Have any of you ever done a sort of "light duty" regular cleaning on tile like this? From pics it looks like it's just porcelain. It seems like it could be a pretty good job considering there's not going to be any dirt to clean, its basically just cleaning to make them feel good about it.
You could try .99 square foot

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Dont let that customer go!

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I would not get out of bed for 30 per hour. She has the cash, she likes him, $100/hour to clean the tile. $1500/ hour if she needs him for any other personal services.
His wife will understand.
Yeah I agree. I have WAY too many expenses to use my van for 30 an hour. I only clean for my immediate neighbors for those kinds of prices. Usually shooting for 100 an hour. Going to take a look tomorrow morning and hopefully set her up on a monthly like 600-700 dollar cleaning schedule. She is a model, so that may bring the price down a little too. Hahahah

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
WTF? T&G should bring at min around $300 hour. I would charge her $.40 a ft, every time.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
WTF? T&G should bring at min around $300 hour. I would charge her $.40 a ft, every time.
This is true...whenever it is a true tile and grout cleaning/ sealing. This is literally just clean tile, basically cleaning dust of it. Just involves bringing in hoses, spraying a little cleaner, and steaming it off. I made a deal with her today that I will do that work for her for $100/ hr and we can both see if it works out for us. That way she doesn't have to pay full rates, but I am still guaranteed to make what I need to. Going to work well I think. It's pretty mindless work.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Yeah, you guys have to figure this is a MONTHLY service, keep that price low, instead of doing all of that work which may not be needed, mop it with a neutral cleaner, then do a deep cleaning every 3-4 months.