Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Our company does really good work and we have very high end clientele. One problem we are faced with is we have very few reviews. What are some ways that i can increase customer reviews? I feel like i am asking for a handout if i ask the customer for a review. And don't like handouts.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I tell people the truth - I am a little guy and I don't have a marketing budget to compete with the big franchises and really appreciate their support if I could show them where to leave a review.

At least in my city, I find about 60% of customers are more than happy to do so.

I think a lot of it also has to do with the rapport built during the time you're there with the customer. I always like to talk about my kids and the dogs, and they are usually so THANKFUL for not having a creepy guy in their house the rest is a cakewalk.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
NO YELP ONLY GOOGLE reviews yelp is toxic

ask for reviews from the younger customers " hey while you're on the phone or computer can you leave me a review thanks"

Still very few will leave a review it takes time

Reactions: Luky

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
I just ask. Though i limit it to customers that booked through my Facebook page.

Usually its just a quick "Hey if you have a minute id also love a honest review on our page, Really helps us with Advertising and staying competitive in the area" If they do great, if not oh well. Probably like 1 in 10 do at best but it takes time lol

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I send a follow up email with a 'thank you for your business' and a click here link to my Google biz on the leave a review page.
This makes it super easy for them.

When I leave the job and the customer is saying how happy they are, I will tell them I'm sending the email and how much it helps me out.
About 20% actually do it.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I'm firm believer of organic reviews. In my case it's not the volume that draws potential customers, it's the content. I should explain. I'm in position that carpet cleaning is not only activity keeping me alive. This allows me to come to customer's house, do the best I can, but mostly embrace them as my friends, there is no pressure at all. Not only that, I have no problem with the fact if only 50 % of calls translates to appointments. Some procentage of potential costumers will call back eventually, for advice or book an appointment for later time realizing that the cheaper guy didn't care about making their house the way they envisioned it.
So consequently, real stories reviews produce more calls, more happy customers, who are posting real stories reviews. Now, you got the picture. I respectfully decline to give customer bunch of business cards, because they think that they can " help" me. Usually I get referals trough those who didn't get my card . As one fella on this forum mentioned that I have to check my grammar occasionally, my half broken English has been no deterrent at all. I tossed it in as encouragement. If guy with no language skills can succeed, so can you. All of you, to be exact , just don't treat carpet cleaning industry as a " rug suckin' " thing...

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
house call pro,after your done with job & hit the finish button hcp sends customer a link to leave a Google review if they have a gmail & if tgey dont have gmail it just leave a review on the platform i love it im up to 73 now & counting trying to bust that 100 mark

carpetmaxllc

Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul
Do not offer incentives of any kind for reviews. Businesses get penalized for that
Call Google places support
They will help you create your direct short link to review page, tell you how to share it, how to ask for a review and other good stuff
Hope this helps

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
When you or your office staff are doing follow up calls, 15-20 minutes after the techs have left, simply ask for the review.

The trick...................ask if it would be ok to text them the direct link to leave you a review. Then send it 1 second after you hang up.................

You just made it easy. Took all the work out.

Reactions: Touchpoint Pro