Customer nearly spoiled my day

Ionic Fresh

Feb 5, 2012
INDIANA (IN)
Real Name
Eddy Spakeli
Business Location
United States
Customer kept following me and my assistant around yesterday on the job, offering unsolicited help and helping on certain times. I told her / him about our company and insurance safety policy and that customers can only watch from a distance, cannot help or touch our equipment. My assistant had just finished scrubbing the dinning room carpet with a 17" 175 and then left for outside to get some spotters. I was vacuuming the upstairs and decided to check on things downstairs. Just walked in time to see the customer being thrown into the kitchen.......yuck. She / he was trying to operate the 175 with the attached nylon brush on an area the customer thought my assistant skipped. I have notified my insurance company and attorney just to be safe. Today, we checked on customer, pain in one arm and a bruise on the knee. Customer admits fault in trying to operate out machinery, despite warnings. We also gave a restaurant gift card for $40 and some carpet spotters as a get well soon goodwill from our company.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
You do not know the sex of your customer?
pat_zps6913e6c1.jpg

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I had a customer slip on some stairs the other day because the maids had just polished them before I came and they were really slippery. I was so glad that I haven't used the prespray yet
I had a customer slip down the stairs recently because she wanted to run up and grab something while we was setting up. Luckily we had not pre sprayed anything and our hoses was 10 feet away so she couldn't blame us.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I let them know in a nice tone ...
if they help I charge more.
They have also been told ... in a nice round about way, that their job was to have the small items off cleaning area. Their only job now is to get their cheque book out.
Some people just want to pull hose, move furniture etc.
Again... they are told, you help or try to help.. we charge more!

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I had a customer slip down the stairs recently because she wanted to run up and grab something while we was setting up. Luckily we had not pre sprayed anything and our hoses was 10 feet away so she couldn't blame us.
Different story in Canada.
Homeowner has a very hard time suing for slip and fall.
By inviting us into their home they now except a certain amount of responsibility.
We always mention about being
careful about slip and fall coming of carpets that have been presprayed, cleaned or hoses etc to trip over on the initial walkthrough.
After that... if they slip, we feel bad, but they were TOLD!