Custom Truckmount on Ebay

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
I know there is ebay thread. But I was just showing what this guy did to set this thing up.Little outside the box. Seems he did some research when building. Just wish pics were closer of the mount. No storage but looks like a quick set up and roll out rig. I mean you don't even have to waste time opening and closing doors. It would stand out. People wonder what you have in the truck or van. There you go naked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carpet-Clea...015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4186e0b6af

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
I think it is pretty cool, He needs some nice boxes down the side to hold wands, Or solid side gates that you could hook wand to. Some nice solid side gates for advertisement and a heavy duty vinyl velco secured top to keep from getting wet would be nice

cleanimage

Sep 12, 2006
40 hrs air cooled= loud

The lack of showing any thing closer than a roof shot is concerning

I would be showing off the 4 heat x changers

The open look is cool for us to look at, a billboard better for business

Reactions: Jeff Maietta

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
40 hrs air cooled= loud

The lack of showing any thing closer than a roof shot is concerning

I would be showing off the 4 heat x changers

The open look is cool for us to look at, a billboard better for business
Yes I agree we live in Nor Cal and I would cringe when winter came and we don't get as much rain compared to others.
Cold exposure too. I think this type of set up is high maintenance meaning you have to pay to protect it from all elements year around even more so if you don't have a heated garage to put it in.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
It has potential, but I agree with the last 2 comments as well. It would have to be located in the perfect weather environment. They say these truck mounts can be used in the rain, but I don't know if I'd want to drive down the highway behind a semi truck while it's raining. It would be filthy quick.

Reactions: Gasoline

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
It would be good for commercial work I think. Blow and go type stuff. If your looking for branding then this may take longer than billboard on van. But you might get some talk going about the open set up. And become recognizable after some time.
I also think it would get weathered faster than covered unit. the open look would be impressive to people. They would be like you need all that just to clean carpets?
I am a fan of those slightly older dodge trucks, if it has the cummins in it. Great gas mileage. That weight would not affect it at all I'm sure. Newer ones are terrible on gas.
I ask him about closer pics. He said he would get them up soon. But I guess he is too busy or something. If I was selling something like that. I think I would put better pics.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
There would DEFINITELY be a need for a building to keep that pretty machine in. Not like my driveway with a space heater in my trailer