John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
We have 5 sets (2" male swivel X 2" female swivel) of our new Cuff-Lynx. I'll send one free set to the first five people that send me a Private Message. (Limit one set per person.) The regular price on these is $3.99 each from your Mytee Distributor. That's $7.98 per set. Brand new. Picture below.

IMG_6231-1.jpg

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
id like a set to give out to a guy named Fernando on this forum. He is out in LA. I can give you his info.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I tested the Cuff-Lynx at Vegas Connections and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and attractiveness of the product. It swivelled better than any other cuff I have ever tried. This made me test it closely for leaks and I am happy to report that they worked flawlessly. Great job and great product John and Mytee. (This is not a re-post posted this in the other thread too)

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Send me a pair John to 1120 minden road virginia beach va 23464. I'd like to do a review. Thanks.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
My employees and I do not like them. Some of them do not screw in all the way and it da/\/\n near gives me a hernia trying to seat them all the way. They get about 1/4" from the end and stop dead. Because they are not seated all the way, they leak air. I'm not sure if we got a defective one but so far.......

Thumbs down!

Rob Allen, in order to accurately evaluate a product, you have to take it out in the field, preferably for a week or two and use it in intended conditions to see how good it is. Screwing some brand new ones in at a trade show is hardly a proper test.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My employees and I do not like them. Some of them do not screw in all the way and it da/\/\n near gives me a hernia trying to seat them all the way. They get about 1/4" from the end and stop dead. Because they are not seated all the way, they leak air. I'm not sure if we got a defective one but so far.......

Thumbs down!

Rob Allen, in order to accurately evaluate a product, you have to take it out in the field, preferably for a week or two and use it in intended conditions to see how good it is. Screwing some brand new ones in at a trade show is hardly a proper test.

Great point. I have requested John send us some for review and testing in the field. If John sends them I will do a full video review.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I got some cuff lynx with the air hog and cool cuff with the RL105.
The cool cuffs do not work well on the Air Hog intake.
I have not had any problems when using male and female cuff lynxs, no air leaks.

Rug Beater

Oct 19, 2010
Real Name
John
Business Location
United States

Thumbs down!QUOTE]

A little teflon spray lube seems to help quite a bit.(They could just need a little break in.)

I think if the small ring grip, had 4 ridges, then smooth, then 4 ridges, 4 smooth around the ring (or something simular)they would be far easier to grip.

They seem to be well built with no air leaks (Some other cuffs leak) and great air foow without any restrictions.

I'll give them some time and report back.

Been testing the Cuff-Lynx for a week now. I like them a lot. Unlike the pair Deron got mine seem to screw together and apart easily. I haven't once had them come apart when pulling or rolling up hose, which is a huge improvement over Cool Cuffs. Biggest gripe, though, is that they come off the vac hose itself all the time. When screwed onto the vac hose, they start to feel like they are getting tight, and then after twisting just a little bit more it pops around and restarts from the beginning. Think screwing the cap onto a gallon of milk too tight, and it twists around too far and won't catch and tighten down anymore.

They are also really long, so I'm not sure how they would do on the inside of a hose reel. I put my test set between the first and second sections of outer hose, so they are way out on the hose reel and curve around it just fine. I think if they were attached to the inner hoses, they wouldn't curve around the reel very well.

Mytee did send me some o-rings that are supposed to have something to do with the Cuff-Lynx, but they arrived with no explanation the day before the cuffs. I called Mytee and asked what was going on and nobody seemed to know--just that they have something to do with the Cuff Lynx.

All in all I think they are a good product, and they'd be great if they would screw tightly onto the vac hose and stay there. I could probably marine Goop them on, but I hate doing that because you can't ever get the cuff back off. I will continue to use them happily.

Latest posts