Crossfire 4.4 vs Crossfire 4.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stone1146

Nov 26, 2017
Real Name
Jason Grieser
Hello all,
I have been a non-registered browser of your fine forum for months now and have decided to register and dive into a large set of projects.
I have three crossfire 4.4 truckmounts that I need to go through with a fine toothed comb and create one stable working mount.
The first stumbling block that I am running into is the fact that on hydramaster's website I only see manuals and support documents for the crossfire 4.2.
I know for a fact that these mounts are crossfire 4.4 because the factory paint and labels are still on the mounts.
Could hydramaster be referring to the 4.4 crossfire as a 4.2 crossfire Kawasaki; as all of these mounts did have Kawasaki v-twins in them?
I need a wiring and plumbing diagram for the 4.4 crossfire to work from as I comb through the systems; because I know for a fact that the wiring and placement of the heat exchanges have caused issues with these mounts.
Then aside from needing a wiring and plumbing diagram I would generally like to know what the big difference between the 4.4 and 4.2 crossfire is? Was it simply a motor change, or did they do some substantial redesign?

Stone1146

Nov 26, 2017
Real Name
Jason Grieser
Thanks for the welcome.
I am hoping and looking forward to have a discussion with the guys that know the crossfire systems. I have done a decent chunk of work on the system, but it was limited to removal of the motors to have them rebuilt.
In terms of knowing what the electrical and plumbing systems I am in the dark at the moment in terms of details. I am an engineer by schooling, and am very mechanically inclined (rebuilt my diesel truck, and the custom mount I am currently running); so as long as I have a diagram of manual that shows me what the systems should be doing I am certain I can get them up and running again.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Checked my books, I have a 4.4 manual. Wiring and water flow diagram. Send me a PM with your email and phone number or text me at 910 315 7709. I'm on the East Coast.

Stone1146

Nov 26, 2017
Real Name
Jason Grieser
Checked my books, I have a 4.4 manual. Wiring and water flow diagram. Send me a PM with your email and phone number or text me at 910 315 7709. I'm on the East Coast.
Thank you very much for the information and the conversation. Extremely helpful.

Latest posts