Crossfire 4.4 vs Crossfire 4.2

Stone1146

Nov 26, 2017
Real Name
Jason Grieser
Hello all,
I have been a non-registered browser of your fine forum for months now and have decided to register and dive into a large set of projects.
I have three crossfire 4.4 truckmounts that I need to go through with a fine toothed comb and create one stable working mount.
The first stumbling block that I am running into is the fact that on hydramaster's website I only see manuals and support documents for the crossfire 4.2.
I know for a fact that these mounts are crossfire 4.4 because the factory paint and labels are still on the mounts.
Could hydramaster be referring to the 4.4 crossfire as a 4.2 crossfire Kawasaki; as all of these mounts did have Kawasaki v-twins in them?
I need a wiring and plumbing diagram for the 4.4 crossfire to work from as I comb through the systems; because I know for a fact that the wiring and placement of the heat exchanges have caused issues with these mounts.
Then aside from needing a wiring and plumbing diagram I would generally like to know what the big difference between the 4.4 and 4.2 crossfire is? Was it simply a motor change, or did they do some substantial redesign?

Stone1146

Nov 26, 2017
Real Name
Jason Grieser
Thanks for the welcome.
I am hoping and looking forward to have a discussion with the guys that know the crossfire systems. I have done a decent chunk of work on the system, but it was limited to removal of the motors to have them rebuilt.
In terms of knowing what the electrical and plumbing systems I am in the dark at the moment in terms of details. I am an engineer by schooling, and am very mechanically inclined (rebuilt my diesel truck, and the custom mount I am currently running); so as long as I have a diagram of manual that shows me what the systems should be doing I am certain I can get them up and running again.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Checked my books, I have a 4.4 manual. Wiring and water flow diagram. Send me a PM with your email and phone number or text me at 910 315 7709. I'm on the East Coast.

Stone1146

Nov 26, 2017
Real Name
Jason Grieser
Checked my books, I have a 4.4 manual. Wiring and water flow diagram. Send me a PM with your email and phone number or text me at 910 315 7709. I'm on the East Coast.
Thank you very much for the information and the conversation. Extremely helpful.